|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Bare Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing
Bare Printed Circuit Boards
Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing
External Modems, Consumer
Printed Circuit Assemblies, Loaded Boards And Modules (Printed Circuit Boards With Inserted Electronic Components)
Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||7%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||27%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||7%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||10%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||13%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||11%|
Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Veterans Assembled Electronics|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Universal Electronics invests in additional equipment - Universal Electronics, Inc. (UEI) has increased its RoHS compliant printed circuit board and higher-level assembly electronics manufacturing capabilities with the addition of new capital equipment at its facilities in Whitewater and East Troy, Wisconsin. (01/05/2018)
- Universal Electronics : Announces Additional SMT Manufacturing - Universal Electronics, Inc. (UEI) has increased its RoHS compliant printed circuit board and higher-level assembly electronics manufacturing capabilities with the addition of new capital equipment for its manufacturing facilities in Whitewater and East ... (01/05/2018)
- Universal Electronics Announces Additional SMT Manufacturing - Universal Electronics, Inc. (UEI) has increased its RoHS compliant printed circuit board and higher-level assembly electronics manufacturing capabilities with the addition of new capital equipment for its manufacturing facilities in Whitewater and East ... (01/05/2018)
- AM Artificial Intelligence and Materials Engineering - ASM Implementing the Hermes Standard in SMT Production ASM Assembly Systems, in conjunction with 28 industry partners, has begun to coordinate the first steps of the implementation of the Hermes Standard. To automate an electronics factory and integrate ... (01/03/2018)
- United States Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. printed circuit assembly ... (02/01/2017)
- U.S. Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Market 2016 - Analysis And Forecast to 2020 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2020" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S ... (04/04/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $34,644,228 on Printed Circuit Assembly (Electronic Assembly) Manufacturing. It has awarded 827 contracts to 311 companies, with an average value of $111,396 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Printed circuit assemblies manufacturing, Printed circuit boards loading, Loading printed circuit boards, Peripheral controller boards manufacturing, Personal computer modems manufacturing, Memory boards manufacturing, Loaded computer boards manufacturing, etc.