Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||14%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||9%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||22%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||8%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|West-Com Nurse Call Systems|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Some Milwaukee TV stations relocate, others disappear in latest frequency shuffle - The changes for over-the-air TV stations affected by last year’s auction of television broadcast spectrum ... by the Federal Communications Communication. The FCC sought airspace to accommodate the explosion in demand for wireless technology. (01/11/2018)
- xG Technology's Vislink Business gets order over USD 1m - xG Technology, Inc. (“xG” or the “company”) (Nasdaq: XGTI, XGTIW), a provider of wireless video ... France-based AMP VISUAL TV (“AMP”), a European provider of outside broadcasting (OB) services, the company said. Equipment covered under the ... (01/08/2018)
- Weekly Tech Reminders: Cold, 5G and More - The schedule was previously set for 2019-2020, but carriers and equipment manufacturers ... your SECC or State Broadcast Association for an alternate source. INVENTORY WIRELESS FREQUENCIES We are all aware that because of the television system re-pack ... (01/08/2018)
- xG Technology's Vislink Business Receives Order in Excess of $1 Million from Leading European Outside Broadcasting Provider AMP Visual TV - Jan. 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- xG Technology, Inc. ("xG" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: XGTI, XGTIW), a leading provider of wireless ... based AMP VISUAL TV ("AMP"), a leading European provider of outside broadcasting (OB) services. Equipment covered under ... (01/04/2018)
- Ish’aq Modibo Kawu: We Have to Communicate More on Digital Broadcasting Switch-Over - When I finished working at radio at the local level and I was doing international broadcasting ... box manufacturers will be sure that when they produce, there will be market for it. Did NBC actually vet Kwese TV, being promoted by Econnet Wireless ... (12/16/2017)
- The History of Wireless Everything - Wireless communication ... none of it was mobile. Broadcasting was also, by definition, a one-way stream of data. Then, along came an invention called Motorola. Produced by the Galvin Manufacturing Corporation, the Motorola radio became the world’s ... (12/12/2017)
- Rohde & Schwarz offers best solutions for wireless communications and cybersecurity - ranks No.1 in terms of manufacturing of test and measurement equipment for mobile radios, radio communications and TV broadcasting. According to a press statement, Rohde & Schwarz stands for quality, precision and innovation in all fields of wireless ... (10/17/2017)
- The FBI And Cellebrite, The Israeli Company Reportedly Hacking The iPhone, Are Old Friends With $2 Million Worth Of Memories - The U.S. Secret Service has spent more than $1.3 million on Cellebrite technology since 2013, public records indicate, on “electronic computer manufacturing equipment” and “radio and television broadcasting and wireless communications equipment ... (03/23/2016)
- Integrated Microwave Technologies (IMT) Heads Down Under with Award-Winning Wireless Equipment at SMPTE 2015 - microLite HD Transmitter with V-Clip on Display with Quinto Communications SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA, JULY 14, 2015 – Integrated Microwave Technologies (IMT ... broadcast microwave video systems. RF Central is an innovative brand of compact microwave video ... (07/15/2015)
- Research and Markets: Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition] - This 2011 publication of Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry report is the comprehensive market research guide for the industry. It contains the latest information on the industry's key financial ... (06/14/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,661,779,143 on Radio & Television Broadcasting & Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 10,343 contracts to 1,374 companies, with an average value of $1,937,248 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Antennas, transmitting and receiving, manufacturing, Video camera (except household-type, television broadcast) manufacturing, Cameras, television, GPS (global positioning system) equipment manufacturing, Broadcast equipment (including studio), for radio and television, satellite, Space satellites, communications, CB (citizens band) radios manufacturing, Satellite communications equipment manufacturing, Studio equipment, radio and television broadcasting, Cable television transmission and receiving equipment manufacturing, Transceivers (i.e., transmitter-receiver units) manufacturing, Receiver-transmitter units (i.e., transceivers) manufacturing, Radio transmitting antennas and ground equipment manufacturing, Automobile antennas manufacturing, Microwave communications equipment manufacturing, Marine radio communications equipment manufacturing, Cable decoders manufacturing, Mobile communications equipment manufacturing, Global positioning system (GPS) equipment manufacturing, Satellite antennas manufacturing, Earth station communications equipment manufacturing, Closed circuit television equipment manufacturing, Television transmitting antennas and ground equipment manufacturing, Pagers manufacturing, Citizens band (CB) radios manufacturing, Airborne radio communications equipment manufacturing, Cellular telephones manufacturing, Television, closed-circuit equipment, Telephones, cellular, Amplifiers, (e.g., RF power and IF), broadcast and studio equipment, Communications equipment, mobile and microwave, etc.