|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Communications Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Communications Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Communications Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Communications Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Communications Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Communications Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||14%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||9%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||22%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||8%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
Communications Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The RF test equipment market is expected to reach USD 3.21 billion by 2023 from USD 2.41 billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 4.92% between 2017 and 2023 - However, the requirement of longer timelines and extended R&D for developing new communication technologies ... as semiconductor device and product manufacturers are situated in APAC. The growing demand for RF test equipment is attributed to the increasing ... (01/10/2018)
- Visible light communication (vlc) equipment industry insights shared in detailed report - Analysis of Visible Light Communication (VLC) Equipment Industry Key Manufacturers: LVX System, Outstanding Technology, Nakagawa Laboratories, GE Lighting, Koninklijke Philips, Casio, PureLiFi, Oledcomm, Axrtek, Luciom, LightPointe Communications ... (01/10/2018)
- Minnesota’s manufacturers upbeat about 2018 - In addition, 47 percent expect to grow investments in plants and equipment. Thirty-eight ... the survey said. DEED Communications Director Shane Delaney said DEED has been doing the Manufacturing Business Conditions Survey since 2002. (01/08/2018)
- Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector: From Inertia to Nine Consecutive Months of Growth - The Manufacturing PMI showed that 15 of the 16 subsectors of the Nigerian economy in the review period reported growth in the following order: petroleum and coal products; textile, apparel, leather and footwear; cement; transportation equipment ... (01/07/2018)
- Universal Electronics Announces Additional SMT Manufacturing - UEI has invested heavily in new software tools and manufacturing equipment over the last 12 months ... Lighting, Security, and Communications. Founded in 1980, UEI has two certified facilities in the upper Midwest. The Whitewater, WI facility is ... (01/05/2018)
- Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturers Directory 2018 - The Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturers Directory is a detailed resource ... the Directory covers the complete range of products and services related to electronic communications, from satellite, cellular and Internet service providers to ocal ... (01/04/2018)
- Flex Says These Will be the Top 5 Trends Shaping Manufacturing’s Future - “While the current supply chain system consists of several steps—marketing, product development, manufacturing, and distribution—that occur independent of one another, smart manufacturing could streamline the time, effort, and communication between ... (01/02/2018)
- What’s next for 3D printing in 2018? The Additive Manufacturing expert perspective - Dr. Dirk Simon, Global Business Director BASF 3D Printing Solutions GmbH Taking the recent announcements of several 3D printing equipment ... the additive manufacturing industry. Photo by Michael Petch. George Fisher-Wilson, Communications Manager at ... (01/02/2018)
- Global General Communication Equipments Industry Sales, Revenue, Gross Margin, Market Share by Top Companies - Upstream raw materials and equipment and downstream demand analysis ... Analysis of General Communication Equipments 3 Technical Data and Manufacturing Plants Analysis of General Communication Equipments 4 Global General Communication Equipments Overall ... (12/31/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,803,133,559 on Communications Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 24,496 contracts to 2,880 companies, with an average value of $2,014,977 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|