Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Totalizing Fluid Meter And Counting Device Manufacturing
Integrating And Totalizing Meters For Gas And Liquids
Counting Devices (Excluding Motor Vehicle Instruments)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||9%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||11%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||8%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||21%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Elster Amco Water||21|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Go with the microflow - Evolution may have gotten there first with the proboscis of a mosquito for drawing up blood, but microfluidics engineers are creating their own narrow-gage devices through which tiny volumes of fluid can ... for cell counting and cell sorting applications ... (04/08/2017)
- Beyond Touch: Tomorrow’s Devices Will Use MEMS Ultrasound to Hear Your Gestures - One vendor’s infrared time-of-flight sensor has an impressive 2-meter range indoors ... The company is now working with a number of manufacturers to implement ultrasonic gesture sensing in wearable devices and ultrasonic controller tracking in virtual ... (11/22/2016)
- These disaster machines could help humanity prepare for cataclysms - This device ... fluid driving them back and forth. The plate, pushed and pulled between them, will slide across metal sheets polished mirror-smooth at speeds of up to 1.8 meters per second. Voilà! Instant quake. “The real world, you cannot count ... (07/14/2016)
- Bizarre? “Michael Burry is focusing all of his trading on one commodity: Water” - The first of these investors that predicted the housing bubble was Michael Burry, who is portrayed ... pumps and pumping equipment, fluid power pumps and motors, plumbing equipment, plumbing pipes, fluid meters and counting devices To ensure investability ... (02/22/2016)
- Extrusion equipment makers adapting to market demands - While they continue upgrading speed, output and quality, they’re also offering solutions to emerging demands in bioresin processing, medical extrusions, 3-D manufacturing ... the number of thickness measuring devices from the all lay-flat capacitive ... (02/25/2015)
- Kinetic inRide Watt Meter to go on sale soon - Cycle trainer manufacturers Kinetic are set to release a Bluetooth Smart system that can provide you with power readings from Kinetic fluid trainers. The product is called the Kinetic inRide Watt Meter ... cross-talk with other devices". (08/15/2012)
- Research and Markets: Totalizing Fluid Meter and Counting Device Manufacturing Industry in the US 2011 Q3 Edition - The Industry's Revenue for 2010 Was Approximately $6.0 Billion - LLC's new report "Totalizing Fluid Meter and Counting Device Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. This 2011 report's 171 pages and over 150 charts and tables cover the domestic market ... (07/25/2011)
- Fluid Components International Named 2007 Exporter of the Year - San Marcos, CA -November 15, 2007-The San Diego World Trade Center Association has named Fluid Components International ... range of solutions from off-the-shelf devices to custom-engineered systems. Flow meters from FCI are available with either Coriolis ... (11/15/2007)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $9,328,722 on Totalizing Fluid Meter & Counting Device Manufacturing. It has awarded 414 contracts to 170 companies, with an average value of $54,875 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Counters, revolution, manufacturing, Gasmeters, large capacity, domestic and industrial, Electronic totalizing counters manufacturing, Tallying meters (except clocks, electricity meters, watches) manufacturing, Pedometers manufacturing, Motor vehicle instruments (e.g., fuel level gauges, oil pressure, speedometers, tachometers, water temperature) manufacturing, Counters (e.g., electrical, electronic, mechanical), totalizing, Turbine meters, consumption registering, Linear counters manufacturing, Liquid flow meters manufacturing, Meters (except electrical and industrial process control) manufacturing, Gauges for computing pressure-temperature corrections manufacturing, Taximeters manufacturing, Metering devices (except electrical and industrial process control) manufacturing, Consumption meters (e.g., gas, water) manufacturing, Rotary type meters, Meters, parking, Totalizing meters (except aircraft), Electromechanical counters manufacturing, Impeller and counter driven flow meters manufacturing, Instrument panels, assembling gauges made in the same establishment, Magnetic counters manufacturing, Parking meters manufacturing, Predetermined counters manufacturing, Watermeters, Registers, linear tallying, Totalizing fluid meters manufacturing, Production counters manufacturing, Counting devices manufacturing, Measuring wheels manufacturing, Controls, revolution and timing instruments, Gasoline dispensing meters (except pumps) manufacturing, Tally counters manufacturing, Counter type registers manufacturing, Tank truck meters manufacturing, Integrating meters, nonelectric, Gauges (e.g., water temperature, speedometer, tachometer), motor vehicle, Propeller type meters with registers manufacturing, Positive displacement meters manufacturing, Fare collection equipment manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.