Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Optical Instrument And Lens Manufacturing
Radio And Television Broadcasting And Wireless Communications Equipment Manufacturing
Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, And Nautical System And Instrument Manufacturing
Aeronautical, Nautical, And Navigational Instruments, Not Sending Or Receiving Radio Signals (Excluding Engine Instruments)
Search, Detection, Navigation, And Guidance Systems And Equipment
Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical, And Nautical System And Instrument Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||9%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||11%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||8%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||21%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Analogic Celebrates 50 Years of Imaging Innovation at RSNA 2017 - Analogic, founded in 1967, was focused on the design and manufacturing of analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, digital panel instruments ... mammography systems, as well as automated threat detection systems for aviation security. (11/27/2017)
- How to Ruin a Potentially Great Relationship With One Big Fat Lie - You’ve got problems, I’ve got advice. This advice isn’t sugar-coated—in fact, it’s sugar-free, and may even be a little bitter. Welcome to Tough Love. You’ve got problems, I’ve got advice. This advice isn’t sugar-coated—in fact, it’s ... (08/15/2017)
- Here Are at Least 196 ISPs Which Put Caps on Their Customers' Data Use - BroadbandNow, which is a partially industry-funded search engine for home internet providers, is identifying and releasing data on the ISPs trying to jump on the capped data bandwagon. According to their search of provider websites as of August 7 ... (08/07/2017)
- Daily Life - Join today and you can easily save your favourite articles, join in the conversation and comment, plus select which news your want direct to your inbox. Join today and you can easily save your favourite articles, join in the conversation and comment, plus ... (08/22/2016)
- Delta TechOps Develops Innovative Structural Health Monitoring Application - Delta TechOps, teamed with Boeing, the FAA, Sandia National Laboratories, Structural Monitoring Systems, and Aerodyne Electronics Manufacturing Corp., won the 12th annual Better Way award for the First Commercial Aviation Application of Structural Health ... (11/03/2014)
- Catalogue for the Guidance of Foreign Investment Industries (Amended in 2007) - Manufacturing ... of telecommunication system equipment for satellites (27) Manufacture of receiving equipment of satellite navigation and key components (28) manufacture of optical communication measurement and instrument and light transceiver with ... (04/23/2013)
- Research and Markets: US measuring and controlling device manufacturing industry (NAICS: 334519) - updated report - This report is the comprehensive market research guide for the measuring and controlling devices manufacturing industry - excluding search, detection, navigation, guidance, aeronautical, and nautical ... Measuring and Controlling Device Manufacturing ... (09/21/2011)
- English-taught Programs at Chinese Universities - International Trade, Educational Technology, Applied Mathematics, Condensed Matter Physics, Polymer Chemistry and Physics, Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics, Manufacturing ... and Intelligent System, Navigation, Guidance and Control ... (10/18/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $10,891,612,934 on Search, Detection, Navigation, Guidance, Aeronautical & Nautical System & Instrument Manufacturing. It has awarded 11,776 contracts to 1,194 companies, with an average value of $9,121,954 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Electronic guidance systems and equipment manufacturing, Gyroscopes manufacturing, Altimeters, aeronautical, manufacturing, Aeronautical systems and instruments manufacturing, Nautical systems and instruments manufacturing, Light reconnaissance and surveillance systems and equipment manufacturing, Gyrocompasses manufacturing, Instrument landing system instrumentation, airborne or airport, Wheel position indicators and transmitters, aircraft, Omnibearing instrumentation manufacturing, Bank and turn indicators and components (aeronautical instruments) manufacturing, Warfare countermeasures equipment manufacturing, Taffrail logs manufacturing, Countermeasure sets (e.g., active countermeasures, jamming equipment) manufacturing, Driftmeters, Cabin environment indicators, transmitters, and sensors manufacturing, Pictorial situation instrumentation manufacturing, Flight and navigation sensors, and displays manufacturing, Angle-of-yaw instrumentation manufacturing, Flight recorders (i.e., black boxes) manufacturing, Acceleration indicators and systems components, aerospace type, Search and detection systems and instruments manufacturing, Instruments, Fish finders (i.e., sonar) manufacturing, Distance measuring equipment (DME), Radio magnetic instrumentation (RMI) manufacturing, Proximity warning (i.e., collision avoidance) equipment manufacturing, Space vehicle guidance systems and equipment manufacturing, Fathometers manufacturing, Navigational instruments manufacturing, Rate-of-climb instrumentation manufacturing, Compasses, gyroscopic and magnetic (except portable), Glide slope instrumentation manufacturing, Artificial horizon instrumentation manufacturing, Inertial navigation systems, Horizon situation instrumentation manufacturing, Radar detectors manufacturing, Air traffic control radar systems and equipment manufacturing, Machmeters manufacturing, HUD (heads-up display) systems, Speed, pitch, and roll navigational instruments and systems manufacturing, Airframe equipment instruments manufacturing, Hydrophones manufacturing, Heads-up display (HUD) systems, Infrared homing systems, Position indicators (e.g., for landing gear, stabilizers), airframe equipment, Airspeed instruments (aeronautical) manufacturing, Radar systems and equipment manufacturing, Sonar systems and equipment manufacturing, Gyrogimbals manufacturing, Angle-of-attack instrumentation manufacturing, Aircraft flight instruments (except engine instruments) manufacturing, Sonar fish finders manufacturing, Sextants (except surveying) manufacturing, Sonabuoys manufacturing, Underwater navigational systems manufacturing, Airborne navigational systems manufacturing, etc.