|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Instruments And Related Products Manufacturing For Measuring, Displaying, And Controlling Industrial Process Variables
Process Control Instruments
Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
Analytical And Scientific Instruments, Excluding Optical
Other Measuring And Controlling Device Manufacturing
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||9%|
|Business Operations Specialists||6%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||11%|
|Software Developers and Programmers||8%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||21%|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineers||6%|
|Drafters, Engineering Technicians, and Mapping Technicians||6%|
|Engineering Technicians, Except Drafters||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||11%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Equipping Lab Instruments with Modern Technology to Benefit Biosafety Level 4 Labs - Biosafety is a vital aspect of laboratory management that refers to the ... Vitl products was established in 2006 by the medical, diagnostic and analytical device design and manufacturing company Integrated Technologies Ltd. As a member of the ITL group ... (01/10/2018)
- Detector Technology Raises Funding from Ampersand Capital Partners - Led by Jay Ray, President and CEO, Detector Technology is a strategic OEM supplier specializing in mass spectrometry products for analytical and laboratory equipment manufacturers. (01/08/2018)
- DeTech picks up funding from Ampersand - About Detector Technology, Inc Detector Technology, Inc. is a strategic OEM supplier for key products and manufacturing service for analytical and laboratory equipment manufacturers. DeTech’s manufacturing vertical integration strategy allows for rapid ... (01/04/2018)
- Detector Technology, Inc. Secures Growth Equity Investment from Ampersand Capital Partners - About Detector Technology, Inc Detector Technology, Inc. is a strategic OEM supplier for key products and manufacturing service for analytical and laboratory equipment manufacturers. DeTech's manufacturing vertical integration strategy allows for rapid to ... (01/04/2018)
- Thermo Fisher Buys Phenom-World, Aids Analytical Instruments - The company aims to make imaging and analysis at the nanoscale available to every scientist in every lab. The company so far has put ... Thermo Fisher plans to integrate the business into its Analytical Instruments segment. Per the company, addition ... (01/03/2018)
- Pace Analytical adds development services in Wolfe Laboratories deal - Under the agreement, Wolfe Laboratories’ (Wolfe) – including its intellectual property, equipment ... manufacturing practice) and GLP (good laboratory practice) testing services. “Wolfe Laboratories is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pace Analytical ... (01/03/2018)
- Discover the food microbiological testing industry key manufacturers analysis report 2017-2022 - Key Companies Analysis: - Adpen Laboratories, Swift Silliker (Pty) Ltd, Asurequality Limited, Genon Laboratories Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Burea Veritas SA, SGS SA, Campden BRI, Det Norske Veritas As (DNV), Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratories Inc ... (01/02/2018)
- ‘India Lab Expo 2014’ to be held in Hyderabad from 6-8, November - analytical, biotechnology and general lab instruments that are used in industry, research laboratories and manufacturing units across pharma, biotechnology and other allied industries. “One major objective of India Lab Expo 2014 is to bring together all ... (10/25/2014)
- Research and Markets: Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition] - LLC's new report "Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition]" to their offering. This December publication of Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing Industry report is the ... (01/07/2011)
- Anti-Doping Laboratory Equipment is Big Business at the 2008 Beijing Olympics - The primary beneficiaries of these purchases were the analytical laboratory equipment manufacturers Thermo Fisher Scientific, Agilent Technologies and Phenomenex (”Drugs at the Starting Line: The Olympics begin with new antidoping lab and measures to ... (08/11/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $702,861,571 on Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing. It has awarded 18,176 contracts to 1,840 companies, with an average value of $381,990 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Specific ion measuring instruments, laboratory-type, manufacturing, Titrimeters manufacturing, Thermal conductivity instruments and sensors manufacturing, Chronoscopes manufacturing, Ultraviolet-type analytical instruments manufacturing, Protein analyzers, Mass spectrometers manufacturing, Colorimeters, Acidity (i.e., pH) measuring equipment, laboratory analysis-type, Neutron activation analysis instruments manufacturing, Particle size analyzers manufacturing, Flame photometers manufacturing, Sample analysis instruments (except medical) manufacturing, Coulometric analyzers, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) type apparatus (except medical diagnostic) manufacturing, Moisture analyzers, Photonexcitation analyzers manufacturing, Spectrophotometers (e.g., atomic absorption, atomic emission, flame, fluorescence, infrared, Raman, visible) manufacturing, Osmometers manufacturing, Surface area analyzers manufacturing, Microprobes (e.g., electron, ion, laser, X-ray) manufacturing, Polarizers manufacturing, Electron microscopes manufacturing, Hematology instruments manufacturing, Nephelometers (except meteorological) manufacturing, Gas analyzers, Electron microprobes, Thermogravimetric analyzers manufacturing, Infrared analytical instruments, Electrophoresis instruments manufacturing, Photometers (except photographic exposure meters) manufacturing, Electron paramagnetic spin-type apparatus manufacturing, Automatic chemical analyzers, Microbiology instruments manufacturing, Refractometers, Redox (i.e., oxidation-reduction potential) instruments manufacturing, Spectrofluorometers manufacturing, Amino acid analyzers, Thermal analysis instruments, Polarographic equipment manufacturing, Polariscopes manufacturing, Monochrometers, Liquid chromatographic instruments, Spectrometers (e.g., electron diffraction, mass, NMR, Raman) manufacturing, Spectrographs manufacturing, Elemental analyzers manufacturing, Immunology instruments, laboratory, Densitometers, laboratory analytical, Gas chromatographic instruments, Chromatographic instruments, Mass spectroscopy instrumentation manufacturing, Microscopes, electron and proton, Turbidometers, Blood bank process equipment manufacturing, Electrolytic conductivity instruments, Resonance instruments (i.e., laboratory-type) manufacturing, Particle beam excitation instruments, Laboratory analytical instruments (except optical) manufacturing, Differential thermal analysis instruments, etc.