|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing
Cold Rolled Steel Sheet And Strip, Made From Purchased Steel
Cold Finished Steel Bars And Bar Shapes, Made From Purchased Steel
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||12%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Transcript & Video: Gov. Hickenlooper's Final Colorado State Of The State Address - We rolled up our sleeves ... working with Evraz Rocky Mountain Steel — one of the cleanest steel plants in the world — to move toward renewable energy while protecting Pueblo’s future as a center for steel manufacturing. We need everyone’s support ... (01/11/2018)
- What to watch in Birmingham business in 2018 - Here’s a look at some of the names, places and stories that will shape the business scene in the new year ... Regional cooperation push One of the big initiatives that rolled out in 2017 was the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham’s Together ... (01/05/2018)
- New manufacturing processes could spur demand for magnesium in automotive industry - With a density two-thirds that of aluminum and a quarter that of steel, magnesium could potentially ... cast magnesium to super-formable magnesium that can be rolled, bent or compressed into any shape, even at room temperature.” Engineers at the U.S ... (01/04/2018)
- Why Is No One Talking About This 21st Century Materials Stock? - Not that long ago, Allegheny Technologies languished in its role as a leading provider of flat rolled products, which includes sheets of stainless steel that are purchased in bulk and shaped into ... required to invest in new manufacturing processes ... (12/31/2017)
- Massive China Production Cuts Are Huge for Steel Stocks: 5 to Buy for 2018 - This venerable steel producer ... edge rolling, roll forming, tube manufacturing, polishing, shearing, forming, stamping, punching, rolling shell plate to radius, and processing materials to a specified thickness, length, width, shape and surface quality ... (10/20/2017)
- 'Reshoring' trend grows, moving manufacturing jobs back home - The onshoring trend, according to some, is adding manufacturing ... irregular shaped rolls for tubing, structural shapes and beams, bar and rod. It does not make rolls that steel mills use to make flat-rolled steel automobiles and refrigerators. (03/24/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $4,095,698 on Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing. It has awarded 436 contracts to 72 companies, with an average value of $56,885 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Hot-rolling purchased steel, Corrugating iron or steel in cold rolling mills made from purchased iron or steel, Metal powder and flake made from purchased iron or steel, Bars, steel, made in cold rolling mills made from purchased steel, concrete reinforcing (rebar), made from purchased steel in steel rolling mills, Concrete reinforcing bar (rebar), Cold rolling steel shapes (e.g., bar, plate, rod, sheet, strip) made from purchased steel, Flat bright steel strip made in cold rolling mills made from purchased steel, Nut rods, iron or steel, made in cold rolling mills, Wire, flat, rolled strip, Powder made from purchased iron or steel, Flakes made from purchased iron or steel, Razor blade strip steel made in cold rolling mills, made from purchased steel in cold rolling mills, Paste made from purchased iron or steel, etc.