Steel Wire Drawing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Steel Wire Drawing
Overview: the U.S. Steel Wire Drawing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Steel Wire Drawing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Steel Wire Drawing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Steel Wire Drawing
Noninsulated Ferrous Wire Rope, Cable, And Fabricated Wire Rope Assemblies (Including Lifting Slings), Made In Plants That Draw
Steel Wire, Including Galvanized And Other Coated Wire, Made In Plants That Draw Wire
Steel Wire Drawing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Steel Wire Drawing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Steel Wire Drawing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Steel Wire Drawing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Steel Wire Drawing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Steel Wire Drawing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||12%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Steel Wire Drawing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- New Technique Developed at MIT Could Produce Strong, Resilient Nanofibers for Many Applications - And glass fibers are stiff but not very strong, while steel wire is strong but not very stiff ... “we are getting much more highly drawn fibers,” with diameters of a few hundred nanometers rather than the typical 15 micrometers, he says. (01/09/2018)
- MIT nanofibers offer strength, toughness - And glass fibers are stiff but not very strong, while steel wire is strong but not very stiff ... “we are getting much more highly drawn fibers,” with diameters of a few hundred nanometers rather than the typical 15 micrometers, he says. (01/09/2018)
- MIT Develops New Method to Create Strong, Resilient Nanofibers for Many Applications - And glass fibers are rigid but not very strong, while steel wire is strong but not very rigid ... “we are getting much more highly drawn fibers,” with diameters of a few hundred nanometers instead of the typical 15 mµ, he says. The researchers ... (01/08/2018)
- Clipped From Pittsburgh Daily Post - It will be of brick and steel construction, and will cost approximately $50,000. Plans were made by B. Rutherford. It will have boiler house, engine room, drawing mill, stock house and cleaning house. As soon as completed one wire-drawing wire-drawing wire ... (01/04/2018)
- STEEL NEWS ROUND-UP: British Steel chief resigns, FN Steel agrees deal with Ovako, ArcelorMittal jv with Sail a step closer - “The quality of our steel, coupled with FN Steel’s wire rolling and drawing expertise, will ensure that our end customers receive the premium products they require,” Ovako CEO Marcus Hedblom said. Metal Bulletin’s weekly price assessment for ... (01/03/2018)
- Steel wire rod imports from Belarus, Russia and UAE injuring US industry - USITC - ... of carbon steel and alloy steel, in coils, of approximately round cross section, less than 19.00 mm in actual solid cross-sectional diameter. Wire rod is an intermediate good that is primarily used for subsequent drawing and finishing for wire drawers. (12/21/2017)
- U.S. Producers of Carbon and Alloy Steel Wire Rod File Trade Petitions Against Ten Countries - Carbon and alloy steel wire rod is primarily sold to wire drawers who ... and chain link fence. Other wire rod is drawn into wire for upholstery and mechanical springs, rope, screens, and pre-stressed concrete wire. More demanding applications include ... (03/28/2017)
- China's steel wire rod in US antidumping probe - Carbon and certain alloy steel wire rod is primarily used for subsequent drawing and finishing into wire products. The investigations are in response to a request from ArcelorMittal USA based in the state of Illinois and five other U. S. companies. (02/23/2014)
- South Africa: David And Goliath Stand-Off Goes Down to the Wire - noisy machine spewing out steel wire. "This is our new machine," he says. "It's coming out at 25m a second." The director of Barnes Fencing describes the process the wire then goes through in his factory in Spartan on Gauteng's East Rand. The hard-drawn ... (04/02/2007)
- Amend Law On Excise Tariff For Steel Wire Drawing - The Steel Wire Manufacturers Association of India (SWMAI), the apex national body of steel wire and wire industry, has, in its pre-Budget memorandum to the government, pointed out the grave crisis in the steel wire industry due to the problem arising out ... (06/30/2004)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,578,331 on Steel Wire Drawing. It has awarded 134 contracts to 71 companies, with an average value of $50,399 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Wire cloth, iron or steel, made in wire drawing plants, Mesh, wire, made in wire drawing mills, Cable, insulated or armored, Barbed and twisted wire made in wire drawing plants, Baskets, Wire carts (e.g., grocery, household, industrial), Wire products, Paper clips, Wire cages, Wire garment hangers, Drawing iron or steel wire from purchased iron or steel, Horseshoe nails, Chain link fencing, Welded iron or steel wire fabric made in wire drawing plants, Tacks, Spikes, Staples, Form ties made in wire drawing plants, Drawing iron or steel wire from purchased iron or steel and fabricating wire products, Fence gates, posts, and fittings, Tie wires made in wire drawing plants, Wire, iron or steel (e.g., armored, bare, insulated), Nails, Brads, wire or cut, etc.