|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land
Overview of the U.S. Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Long-Distance Passenger Transportation By Road, Except Fixed-Route
Long-Distance Passenger Transportation By Chartered Bus
Other Related Products
Sightseeing Services By Ground Vehicles, Except Rail
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||5%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||21%|
|Tour and Travel Guides||17%|
|Tour and Travel Guides||17%|
|Tour Guides and Escorts||16%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||38%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||30%|
|Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity||24%|
Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Pacific & Arctic Railway & Navigation|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Events celebrate assets of state's newest scenic byway - GOODLAND — Folks in the northwest corner of Kansas will celebrate some of their greatest assets next week with the dedication of the state’s newest scenic ... Land and Sky Expo that will feature information on the sights along the byway, and ... (09/28/2016)
- Scenic Byway designation nearly in hand for Route 28 in Ulster, Delaware counties - Seven years of effort to secure a federal scenic byway designation for state Route 28 in Ulster and ... Scenic Byway for the beauty will discover the appeal of our small towns, attractions and events and will stay a few days, supporting our local ... (05/11/2015)
- Chagan Lake scenic spot - The Chagan Lake scenic spot is located in the Northwest of Jilin's Qianguo ... The lake is crisscrossed by both convenient water and land transportation. The scenic area is at the mouth of the Songhua River, A magnificent Tibetan lama temple, "Miaoyin ... (08/07/2014)
- Five Scenic Byways to Drive this Fall - TWIN FALLS • With 31 scenic ... attractions, the activities, museum attractions” along each byway, McConnell said. The state byways website was created in summer 2007 — through a partnership between the tourism division and Idaho Transportation ... (11/07/2013)
- Road Trip! Destination: Scenic Maryland - Plenty are on foot or on bicycles as they travel on the scenic Great Allegheny Passage. The option to travel by rail offers a lesson in transportation history ... Equipment can be rented from the resort. Attractions in downtown Cumberland include a new ... (10/19/2013)
- Scenic Guilin has grand plans for growth - The blueprint calls for Guilin to become a world-class sightseeing ... carbon industries, transportation and logistics systems, environmental protection and social management. They also grant preferential policies to Guilin for land management, taxation ... (03/27/2013)
- Sitting pretty: 100-mile stretch of Hwy. 60 named a scenic byway - 60 has been named a scenic byway, just the second such designation in the state, officials along the Lower Wisconsin River Road are hoping the designation - combined with the natural beauty, attractions and businesses along and near Hwy. 60 - will draw ... (07/20/2009)
- Motorists may slow for scenic byway - “This basically would open the door for some federal funds and some land ... Department of Transportation Wednesday afternoon. ALDOT officials explained more about the application process while members of the local group talked about attractions in ... (01/19/2006)
- Scenic Designation Sought For River Road - EAST HADDAM — Logan Clarke Jr. firmly believes River Road is a scenic jewel in need of safeguarding. Clarke, a 16-year resident, has applied to the state Department of Transportation ... to one of the state's top tourist attractions, the recently ... (06/05/2003)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $335,560 on Scenic & Sightseeing Transportation, Land. It has awarded 38 contracts to 13 companies, with an average value of $25,812 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.