|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Solar Power Generation
Overview: the U.S. Solar Power Generation Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Solar Power Generation:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Solar Power Generation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electricity - Generation
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Solar Power Generation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Solar Power Generation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Solar Power Generation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||7%|
|Business Operations Specialists||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||11%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||16%|
|Information and Record Clerks||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Customer Service Representatives||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||29%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Line Installers and Repairers||15%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||14%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Power Plant Operators, Distributors, and Dispatchers||11%|
|Power Plant Operators||8%|
Solar Power Generation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Envision Solar International|
|Rec Solar Commercial|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- 'Battery' that bottles sunshine could bring a new solar revolution - Scientists are developing ways to store solar heat directly, bypassing costly electricity-generating panels like these.Rolfo Brenner / Getty Images/EyeEm Get the Mach newsletter. Solar energy is clean, abundant, and irritatingly inconvenient: It doesn’t ... (01/11/2018)
- World's largest solar thermal plant to be built in S. Australia - The sunlight will then heat molten salt to 565 degrees centigrade, generating steam to drive a turbine that will produce 150 megawatts of electricity making it the largest single-tower solar thermal plant in the world. It will have the capacity to power ... (01/11/2018)
- Alternative to silicon offers cheaper solar power - Last year more than 90 gigawatts of solar power were installed globally — equivalent to the energy generating capacity of Turkey. However, researchers believe that in coming years solar power could become even more efficient and cheaper than it is now. (01/11/2018)
- Minnesota Municipal Power Agency Enters PPA for New Solar Facility - natural gas generation projects to meet the future energy and capacity needs of our member communities.” In addition to the power output provided by the Buffalo Solar facility, the Agency’s renewable energy portfolio includes 122 MW of wind energy from ... (01/10/2018)
- DOE Invests $12 Million to Improve Solar Forecasting - Utility-scale and distributed solar together account for nearly 15 percent of California’s net electricity generation ... support the operation of the grid at a 300-megawatt solar PV power plant in California, which GTM reported on last year. (01/10/2018)
- Westmoreland authority turning to solar power - Officials announced Wednesday they'll build a solar energy generating plant to provide a portion of the power needed to operate the authority's sewer plant near Hunker. Authority board members unanimously approved a 25-year contract with Sunrise Energy of ... (01/10/2018)
- $1 Billion of investment ranks Dominion Energy's solar fleet sixth largest among owners of U.S. utilities - Dominion Energy's long-term energy forecast calls for another 5,200 MW of new solar generation in the next 25 years, enough to power 1.3 million homes at peak output. Here is how it's being accomplished: There are 13 projects totaling 353 MW that Dominion ... (01/10/2018)
- About half of new U.S. power came from renewables last year - Between March and May last year, total monthly electricity generation from renewable energy beat nuclear power for the first time in 33 years. But in August, the solar eclipse that darkened mid-day skies across much of the country crimped output from solar ... (01/10/2018)
- Dominion Energy invests $1B in solar - Dominion Energy said that is enough to power 340,000 homes during peak sunshine. In Virginia, Dominion Energy has 27 solar generating facilities covering nearly 4,700 acres either in operation or under development. Dominion has several high-profile solar ... (01/10/2018)
- EUROPE POWER-Cold snap forecast lifts demand, day-ahead power prices - amid a slump in wind and solar power generation. * The German baseload electricity contract for Thursday delivery gained nearly 10 percent, or 4.25 euros to 47.25 euros ($56.57) a megawatt-hour (MWh). * The equivalent French contract was up 4 euros at 47 ... (01/10/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,217,573 on Solar Power Generation. It has awarded 64 contracts to 27 companies, with an average value of $119,169 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Power generation, solar electric, Electric power generation, solar, Solar farms, etc.