Teleproduction & Postproduction Services Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Teleproduction & Postproduction Services
Overview: the U.S. Teleproduction & Postproduction Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Teleproduction & Postproduction Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Teleproduction & Postproduction Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Linear Editing
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Nonlinear Editing
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Compression And Digital Encoding
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Color Correction Services
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Visual Effects
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Animation
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Sound Editing And Design
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Sound Editing And Design - Sound Integration And Synchronization
Other Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works
Motion Picture Film Laboratory Services
Motion Picture - Other Film Laboratory Services, Including Release Printing
Duplication And Copying Services For Audiovisual Works
Audiovisual Works - Duplication Of Masters
All Other Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Teleproduction & Postproduction Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Teleproduction & Postproduction Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Teleproduction & Postproduction Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||41%|
|Entertainers and Performers, Sports and Related Workers||19%|
|Actors, Producers, and Directors||18%|
|Producers and Directors||9%|
|Media and Communication Equipment Workers||12%|
|Television, Video, and Motion Picture Camera Operators and Editors||7%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||12%|
|Food and Beverage Serving Workers||11%|
|Fast Food and Counter Workers||10%|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||9%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||15%|
|Entertainment Attendants and Related Workers||13%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||11%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||11%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
Teleproduction & Postproduction Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- D.C.’s media production hub braces for a world without Discovery - The corporate giant — along with other big media companies in the region, such as National Geographic — had spawned an ecosystem of businesses that feed off of it, running the gamut from marketing-focused firms to postproduction houses to companies ... (01/10/2018)
- Frederick Wiseman Explains Why He’s Finally Making His Documentaries Available for Streaming - Frederick Wiseman may have had fewer hits than the Fab Four, but the announcement that the legendary documentarian’s works are finally coming to streaming services is the cinephile ... the resources of some of the other companies, the fact of the matter ... (01/10/2018)
- Six Major Data Breach Trends From 2017 - In late April 2017, a popular video streaming service was informed that new episodes of one of its most popular shows had been stolen from a third party that provided postproduction services for the show. The threat actor also stole several other shows ... (01/08/2018)
- CES: What to Know About Those 8K TVs - Currently, streaming services such as Netflix are focused on moving to 4K, not 8K, and the new Ultra HD Blu Ray format is also aimed at 4K. Even if the infrastructure did support 8K, the other issue ... And 8K postproduction — moving 16 times more ... (01/08/2018)
- 5 Tax Credits & Incentives For California Businesses - Partial Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Teleproduction or Other Postproduction Service Equipment Another entertainment-related tax incentive is the Partial Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Teleproduction or Other Postproduction Service Equipment. (06/02/2017)
- Tele production and Other Postproduction Services Global Market Briefing 2017 - The Americas was the x largest geographic region in the tele production and other postproduction services market in 2016, accounting for $x billion or x% of the global market. Asia was the x largest geographic market, accounting for $x billion or x% of the ... (12/18/2016)
- SIM Group To Occupy Eastman Kodak Building In Hollywood - The historic Eastman Kodak building in Hollywood is ... workspace for cameras and postproduction, as well as customer service space and loading docks. Bling Digital will feature dailies processing and other production support services. (09/11/2015)
- Postproduction gets credit - But to significantly grow the postproduction industry—which has an estimated 100 businesses working in editing, sound, special effects and other services—the sector needed to snag the finishing work on films that were shot elsewhere. In 2010 ... (08/05/2012)
- Research and Markets: 2009 Worldwide Teleproduction & Postproduction Services Industry Report - Industry Definition NAICS 512191: Teleproduction & Postproduction Svcs. This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing postproduction services and other services to the motion picture industry, including specialized motion picture or ... (09/02/2009)
- Opportunities Start When Filming Stops - Luhrs said videos have greater impact than other forms of communication. ``People like the immediacy,`` she said. The rise of video has led to the rise of postproduction work and to the birth last year of Luhrs` teleproduction association. It has six ... (10/11/1987)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,740,063 on Teleproduction & Postproduction Services. It has awarded 118 contracts to 37 companies, with an average value of $101,083 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Teleproduction & Postproduction Services to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Teleproduction & Postproduction Services||Opportunity/Threat|
|Video Postproduction Services|
|Sound Recording & Audio Production Studios||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design are less than those from Teleproduction & Postproduction Services. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design sales, taking market share from this industry.
Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Motion picture animation, post-production, Teleproduction services, Special effects for motion picture production, Motion picture or video post-production services, Motion picture or video editing services, Closed captioning services, taped material, Motion picture or video titling, Video conversion services (i.e., between formats), Film or video transfer services, Sound dubbing services, motion picture, Film or tape closed captioning, Post-synchronization sound dubbing, Titling of motion picture film or video, Subtitling of motion picture film or video, Post-production facilities, motion picture or video, Tape transfer service, Motion picture production special effects, Video post-production services, etc.