|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Video Postproduction Services
Overview: the U.S. Video Postproduction Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Video Postproduction Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Video Postproduction Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Linear Editing
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Nonlinear Editing
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Compression And Digital Encoding
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Color Correction Services
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Visual Effects
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Animation
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Sound Editing And Design
Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works - Sound Editing And Design - Sound Integration And Synchronization
Other Postproduction Services For Audiovisual Works
Motion Picture Film Laboratory Services
Motion Picture - Other Film Laboratory Services, Including Release Printing
Duplication And Copying Services For Audiovisual Works
Audiovisual Works - Duplication Of Masters
All Other Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Video Postproduction Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Video Postproduction Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Video Postproduction Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||41%|
|Entertainers and Performers, Sports and Related Workers||19%|
|Actors, Producers, and Directors||18%|
|Producers and Directors||9%|
|Media and Communication Equipment Workers||12%|
|Television, Video, and Motion Picture Camera Operators and Editors||7%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||12%|
|Food and Beverage Serving Workers||11%|
|Fast Food and Counter Workers||10%|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||9%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||15%|
|Entertainment Attendants and Related Workers||13%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||11%|
|Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers||11%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
Video Postproduction Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Avid Announces New Go-to-Market Alliances in Greater China to Better Serve and Support the Strategically Important Market - In combination, they will have exclusive responsibility for distributing and supporting Avid’s extensive portfolio of products and services ... and video systems for radio and television broadcasting, film production, music recording and post production ... (01/12/2018)
- StreamSpace and Austin Film Society Partner to Promote Independent Filmmakers - AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- StreamSpace LLC, the leader in blockchain Streaming Video on Demand (SVOD ... development resources for filmmakers in production, post-production and distribution phases of their films. In the rapidly shifting ... (01/11/2018)
- D.C.’s media production hub braces for a world without Discovery - The corporate giant — along with other big media companies in the region, such as National Geographic — had spawned an ecosystem of businesses that feed off of it, running the gamut from marketing-focused firms to postproduction houses to companies ... (01/10/2018)
- Wazee Digital, Amblin Partners, Archive Management, Global Marketing Distribution Agreement - DENVER — Jan. 9, 2018 — Wazee Digital, a leading provider of cloud-native video management and licensing services, today announced that ... and distribute media gleaned from production, postproduction, marketing, and even live-event environments. (01/09/2018)
- Six Major Data Breach Trends From 2017 - In late April 2017, a popular video streaming service was informed that new episodes of one of its most popular shows had been stolen from a third party that provided postproduction services for the show. The threat actor also stole several other shows ... (01/08/2018)
- CES: What to Know About Those 8K TVs - Meanwhile, the U.S. is in the process of launching a “next gen” broadcast system, known as ATSC 3.0, which is designed to bring together Internet and live over-the-air signals with options including mobility for delivering video-on-demand content ... (01/08/2018)
- The Three MAJOR Video Industry Trends in 2018 - I think it won’t be long until real co-editing of large video projects over the internet becomes a reality. With services like MASV.io sending ... high-res internet-driven collaboration in post production but this is a very interesting development ... (12/29/2017)
- AWS Announces Family of Five AWS Media Services for Complete Video Workflows - AWS Elemental Media Services enable video providers to accelerate innovation ... IMAGICA Corporation is a Japanese post-production company for movies, television programs and commercials. “Now, with AWS Elemental MediaConvert, we can confidently ... (11/27/2017)
- '90s Edit the Video Boom : Post-Production Services Face Budget-Driven Consolidation - Behind the scenes of movies and TV shows, tucked away in nondescript buildings within striking distance of Hollywood studios, are the companies that turn film into video, edit the tapes, mix in sound and perform a variety of other post-production services. (08/24/1993)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,144,591 on Video Postproduction Services. It has awarded 159 contracts to 50 companies, with an average value of $102,892 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Video Postproduction Services to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Video Postproduction Services||Opportunity/Threat|
|Teleproduction & Other Postproduction Services||Competing industry|
|Sound Recording & Audio Production Studios||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design are less than those from Video Postproduction Services. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design sales, taking market share from this industry.
Postproduction Services For Av Works - Sound Editing & Design Product Sales Report