|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wood Preservation
Overview of the U.S. Wood Preservation IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Wood Preservation: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Wood Preservation industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Wood Poles, Piles, And Posts Owned And Treated By The Same Establishment
Other Wood Products Owned And Treated By The Same Establishment
Receipts For Treating Wood Owned By Others With Arsenical Chemicals, Creosote, And Other Chemicals (Including Fire-Retardant And
Wood Preservation, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wood Preservation Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wood Preservation companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wood Preservation company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wood Preservation industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wood Preservation measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Occupations||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||26%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||20%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||29%|
|Material Moving Workers||24%|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||6%|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||17%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||12%|
Wood Preservation Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Advanced Repair Technology|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Dramatic makeover planned at Colonial Williamsburg's Governor's Palace - Among the finds was a burned fragment of wood that — because of the lack of other evidence — provided the palace’s architects with the basis for the walnut paneling, window casings, door surrounds and cornice work installed in the structure’s ... (01/13/2018)
- Heights bungalow's restoration earns Good Brick Award - Two wood-burning stoves were the only source of heat ... For her efforts, she earned a 2018 Good Brick Award from Preservation Houston. Withers, 57, is the home's fourth owner since it was built in 1909 by Joseph and Minnie Blazek. Joseph Blazek lived ... (01/12/2018)
- Controversial Park Slope Condo Plan Scrapped, Replaced By Retail - Hidrock Properties filed plans with the Landmark Preservation Commission to renovate the facade ... The plans call to renovate the facade of the building with a wood one that has large windows and a painted metal cornice, Field said. They will also ... (01/12/2018)
- Podcast Episode 96 — Engineered Wood and New Products - Mike, Patrick, and Justin talk about several new engineered wood, adhesive, and tool products ... Podcast embodies Fine Homebuilding magazine’s commitment to the preservation of craftsmanship and the advancement of home performance in residential ... (01/12/2018)
- Hotel Belleclaire: A Dowager on the Rise - Still, during those seemingly stagnant years, new consideration was given to many of the forgotten architectural treasures the area had to offer, in part thanks to the establishment of the Landmarks Preservation ... covered with faux wood planks. (01/12/2018)
- Want a sneak peek at Children's redevelopment plan? It's coming on January 31. - Carmina Wood Morris. and Silvestri Architects — to present their ... zoning board of appeals and preservation board. The city review process could take several months to complete. Children’s Hospital closed in early November with the move to the ... (01/11/2018)
- Views from the hill - Part of the tower is now in Nottingham under the guidance of Arron Sturgis, owner of Preservation Timber Framing. The 2,200-pound bell was also lifted out and is stored safely. The tower was showing its age. Wood was crumbling and was being held together ... (01/11/2018)
- Global Wood Preservative Chemicals Market is Expected to Reach $2.57 billion by 2023 - Report Sellers has added a new market research report “Wood Preservative Chemicals - Global Market Outlook (2017-2023)” to its offerings. According to Report, the Global Wood Preservative Chemicals market is expected to grow from $1.58 billion in 2016 ... (01/11/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,035,656 on Wood Preservation. It has awarded 57 contracts to 24 companies, with an average value of $84,819 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Pressure treated lumber made from purchased lumber, Pilings, round wood, cutting and treating, Railroad ties (i.e., bridge, cross, switch) treating, Wood products, creosoting purchased wood products, Poles, wood, treating, Millwork, Flooring, wood block, Posts, Ties, wood railroad bridge, and switch, Crossties, Wood fence (i.e., pickets, poling, rails), Bridge and trestle parts, Mine props, Treating wood products with creosote or other preservatives, foundation and marine construction, Timber, structural, Mine ties, treated, manufacturing, Preserving purchased wood and wood products, Structural lumber and timber, Treating purchased wood and wood products, Creosoting of wood, Trestle parts, etc.