Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wood Pulp Mills
Overview of the U.S. Wood Pulp Mills IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Wood Pulp Mills: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wood Pulp Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wood Pulp Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wood Pulp Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wood Pulp Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wood Pulp Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||16%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||13%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||41%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||27%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||20%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
Wood Pulp Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Our View: LePage rightly opposes biomass subsidies - It wasn’t much of a choice, following the shutdown of paper mills in Madison and Bucksport that cratered demand for pulp wood. Gov. Paul LePage reluctantly signed the$13.4 million bill, but last February he made clear that he wasn’t happy about it. (01/14/2018)
- Pulp effluent answers not always clear: expert - He’s also studied extensively the impact of pulp mill effluent during the last 30 years of his career ... It is also expected to result in clearer-looking effluent and to reduce wood losses. Cutting the amount of organic matter in the effluent would ... (01/14/2018)
- Prince County P.E.I. fishermen assured effluent plans being opposed - A transport truck unloads a shipment of wood chips at Northern Pulp, near Pictou, N.S., in January 2009. - New Glasgow News O’LEARY, P.E.I. - It is 326 kilometres away, by road, but a pulp mill in Pictou County, N.S., figured prominently in the Prince ... (01/14/2018)
- Oil's dream to grow in plastics dims as comparnies turn to plant-based packaging - A mill in eastern Finland makes yarn from wood pulp.LegoAllocated 1 billion kroner ($160 million) to research more sustainable materials for its building blocks. The new technology will have to compete against massive refineries that convert hundreds of ... (01/13/2018)
- Finnish company sets out conditions for the building of a second pulp mill in Uruguay - UPM's current operations in Uruguay include the Fray Bentos pulp mill, the UPM Forestal Oriental forestry and wood sourcing company with its two nurseries, as well as the UPM Foundation. UPM Forestal Oriental manages about 250,000 hectares of plantable ... (01/04/2018)
- Oil's Dream to Grow in Plastics Dims as Coke Turns to Plants - A mill in eastern Finland makes yarn from wood pulp. And Lego allocated 1 billion kroner (US$160 million) to research more sustainable materials for its building blocks. “Biochemicals and bioplastics could erode a portion of oil demand, much like ... (01/02/2018)
- Sappi : to expand dissolving wood pulp capacity by 2020 - South African specialist paper company Sappi has unveiled plans to expand its dissolving wood pulp (DWP) capacity by 2020. The company`s plans include potential expansion at its Saiccor DWP Mill to increase the mills capacity by about 250,000tpa. (12/22/2017)
- Farmers favour sale of wood pulp to paper mills through AMCs - Farmers in the drought-prone Prakasam district took to social forestry plantations in a big way with the authorities promoting them as an alternative to tobacco. But they now rue their fate with the paper mills allegedly not honouring the agreement reached ... (08/27/2016)
- Wood Fiber Costs For Eastern Canada Pulp Mills The Lowest In 10 years - Seattle, USA. For most of the past 20 years, pulpmills in Western Canada have had lower wood fiber costs than pulpmills in the Eastern provinces. One year ago, pulp manufacturers in British Columbia paid almost C$60/odmt less for softwood chips than did ... (02/24/2011)
- Eureka's future could hinge on dormant pulp mill - Now, a group of entrepreneurs wants to restore a wood pulp mill there to its former glory. The hitch is they need someone to lend them $20 million. Pulp mill: An article in the Sept. 9 Business section about a wood pulp mill in Eureka said that current ... (09/09/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $35,631 on Wood Pulp Mills. It has awarded 3 contracts to 3 companies, with an average value of $11,877 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Groundwood pulp manufacturing, Wood pulp manufacturing, Deinking recovered paper, Pulp manufacturing (i.e., chemical, mechanical, or semichemical processes) without making paper, Deinking plants, Pulp mills not making paper or paperboard, Pulp manufacturing (made from bagasse, linters, rags, straw, wastepaper, or wood) without making paper, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.