Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising
Overview of the U.S. Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Display Advertising Services
Leased Display Advertising Media Space, Large Format
Leased Display Advertising Media Space, Transit
Leased Display Advertising Media Space, Street Furniture And Other Urban Fixtures
Leased Display Advertising Media Space, Other
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Advertising, Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, and Sales Managers||5%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||10%|
|Business Operations Specialists||8%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||23%|
|Art and Design Workers||11%|
|Media and Communication Workers||10%|
|Public Relations Specialists||8%|
|Public Relations Specialists||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||25%|
|Sales Representatives, Services||16%|
|Advertising Sales Agents||13%|
|Advertising Sales Agents||13%|
|Other Sales and Related Workers||7%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||20%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||7%|
Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|National In-Store Marketing|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Billboard & Outdoor Advertising Market Global Insights and Trends 2017 - ... www.marketinsightsreports.com/reports/120484412/billboard-outdoor-advertising-market-global-report-2017-including-bulletin-billboards-poster-billboards-alternative-and-other-leased-displays-street-furniture-and-other-urban-furniture-fixture-displays ... (12/12/2017)
- Watchfire Advertising Plan Offers Incentives for Purchase of New Digital Billboards - Grace Outdoor, a family-owned outdoor advertising company founded 30 years ago ... based on the number and length of spots committed to Blip Billboards and the traffic count of the display, and are applied directly and immediately to a new digital ... (11/29/2017)
- Advertising company appeals Madison denial to alter 22 billboards in the city - Although the company is already suing Madison for its refusal to allow billboard modifications, Adams Outdoor Advertising — which ... install digital advertising displays, or both. Adams is appealing the decision to the Madison Urban Design Commission. (10/04/2017)
- Billboard & Outdoor Advertising Global Market Briefing 2017 - Technological advances in the field of outdoor advertising are replacing static billboards and posters with digital signage, wallscapes, innovative displays and wraps. Oversized digital billboards attract the attention of passerbys. Moreover, billboards ... (12/19/2016)
- Google is bringing DoubleClick to billboard ads for the first time — which could be huge for outdoor advertising - The company is trialing a method for premium billboard ads to bought programmatically — using DoubleClick's automated processes, rather than having to manually place an order with an outdoor advertising ... told Business Insider that the trial is just ... (10/30/2015)
- LED Billboard System optimizes outdoor advertising. - The FTX technology is available in five sizes of display signs making it perfect for indoor and outdoor advertising. FTX technology can also be retrofit into existing billboard structural framing for upgrading to a high visibility sign. 24 hour ... (03/10/2015)
- Say goodbye to those giant billboards on EDSA - MANILA, Philippines—The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) and outdoor advertising organizations ... installation and display not just of billboards, but also of LED boards and other advertising signs along major and secondary roads and ... (09/20/2013)
- Digital billboards light up outdoor-ad revival - SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — They're large, rectangular and target consumers from high above the nation's roadways, but these are not your father's billboards. Digital billboards, which resemble ballpark jumbo video displays ... of Lamar Outdoor Advertising's ... (12/13/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,181,717 on Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising. It has awarded 272 contracts to 95 companies, with an average value of $75,597 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Growth Opportunities / Competitive ThreatsCompanies in other industries may also sell similar products. Since there is an overlap in the customer base, there may be an opportunity for companies in Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising to sell additional products/services offered by these adjacent industries. Alternatively, these industries may identify further products in this industry to target. Products most at risk are those with the highest profit margins and lowest barriers to entry.
The following industries are competing channels for sales of similar products/services.
Advertising Agency Services
|Competing Industry||Sales Relative to Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising||Opportunity/Threat|
|Direct Mail Advertising||Competing industry|
|Public Relations Agencies||Competing industry|
|Media Representatives||Competing industry|
Sales from other industries of Advertising Agency Services are less than those from Billboard & Outdoor Display Advertising. This may mean that other channels are a competitive risk of increasing their Advertising Agency Services sales, taking market share from this industry.
Advertising Agency Services Product Sales Report
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Billboard display advertising services, Display advertising services, Bus card advertising services, Taxicab card advertising services, Store display advertising services, Outdoor display advertising services, Transit advertising services, Advertising services, indoor or outdoor display, Subway card display advertising services, Out-of-home media (i.e., display) advertising services, Bus display advertising services, Advertising, aerial, Indoor display advertising services, etc.