Media Representatives Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Media Representatives
Overview: the U.S. Media Representatives Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Media Representatives:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Media Representatives industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Media Representation Services
Sales Agent Services For Advertising Space In Print Media
Sales Agent Services For Advertising Time On Television
Sales Agent Services For Advertising Time On Radio
Sales Agent Services For Advertising Time On The Internet
Other Services Related To Advertising
All Other Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Media Representatives company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Media Representatives industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Media Representatives measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||4%|
|Advertising, Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, and Sales Managers||5%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||10%|
|Business Operations Specialists||8%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||23%|
|Art and Design Workers||11%|
|Media and Communication Workers||10%|
|Public Relations Specialists||8%|
|Public Relations Specialists||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||25%|
|Sales Representatives, Services||16%|
|Advertising Sales Agents||13%|
|Advertising Sales Agents||13%|
|Other Sales and Related Workers||7%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||20%|
|Other Office and Administrative Support Workers||7%|
Media Representatives Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- OSCE media freedom representative Désir condemns jailing of investigative journalist Afghan Mukhtarli in Azerbaijan - YEREVAN, JANUARY 13, ARMENPRESS. OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Harlem Désir today condemned the sentencing of journalist Afghan Mukhtarli to six years in prison by the Balakan District Court in Azerbaijan, OSCE reported. “The sentence ... (01/13/2018)
- Head of State presents awards to representatives of culture, art and media - Famous people should create fashion for a healthy lifestyle and deep knowledge, generate a sense of pride for the people and the country. Such an opinion was expressed by Head of State Alexander Lukashenko at a meeting with representatives of the leading ... (01/12/2018)
- Los Angeles Kings Send Three Representatives for NHL All-Star Game - There are no egregious snubs from the Kings. The requirement of every team needing at least one representative makes the selection process more nuanced than simply picking players with the best stats. Relatively speaking it seems like most who deserved to ... (01/11/2018)
- Turner chooses Mediamark as its media sales representative for TV channels in SA - Mediamark recently announced its new partnership with Turner in South Africa. This partnership will offer Mediamark clients access to advertising solutions on the iconic, high-quality channels: TCM – Powered by Movies, Cartoon Network and Boomerang. (01/10/2018)
- Turner selects Mediamark as media sales representative - Turner has selected Mediamark as media sales representative for its key TV channels in South Africa. The partnership will allow Mediamark clients access to advertising solutions on TV channels TCM - Powered by Movies, Cartoon Network and Boomerang. (01/09/2018)
- Longtime Northern Indiana State Representative To Retire - A longtime Republican leader in the Indiana House of Representatives is retiring. Rep. Bill Friend of Macy says he will finish out his term, but won’t run again in 2018. Friend serves as speaker pro tempore and wields the gavel on the House floor when ... (01/05/2018)
- Polls show Americans distrust the media. But talk to them, and it’s a very different story. - and there’s “my media” (fairly good). That’s also the way many feel about Congress generally, compared with their local representative. “Most Americans like their own media pretty well,” said Rosenstiel. When asked about whether they trust ... (12/28/2017)
- Elan Media exclusive media representative for Mall of Qatar - Elan Media has announced it has entered into a multi-year strategic partnership that makes it the exclusive media representative for the Mall of Qatar. Under the new partnership agreement, Elan Media will “manage and drive the full range of Mall of Qatar ... (09/05/2016)
- The Scandal Of Toothless Social Media Representatives Ends… Now - Last weekend, our own Erick Schonfeld wrote an impressive in-flight diatribe against American Airlines; specifically their ineffectual social media representatives whom he described as little more than “a toothless marketing arm” for the company. (05/01/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,878,956 on Media Representatives. It has awarded 334 contracts to 42 companies, with an average value of $139,975 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Television advertising representatives (i.e., independent of media owners), Radio advertising representatives (i.e., Publishers' advertising representatives (i.e., Newspaper advertising representatives (i.e., Media representatives (i.e., Magazine advertising representatives (i.e., Media advertising representatives (i.e., Advertising media representatives (i.e., etc.