|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Carbon Black Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Carbon Black Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Carbon Black Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Carbon Black Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Carbon Black Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Carbon Black Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Carbon Black Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Carbon Black Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||14%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Carbon Black Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Recent research: Global complex inorganic colour pigments market revenue status and outlook 2013-2025 - The Complex Inorganic ... a basic overview of the industry including definitions, classifications, applications and industry chain structure. Upstream raw materials and equipment and downstream demand analysis is also carried out. 2 Manufacturing Cost ... (01/09/2018)
- Reliance Steel (RS) Poised on Acquisitions, Strong Demand - Moreover, the acquisition of Best Manufacturing Inc. complements ... Some better-ranked stocks in the basic materials space are Kronos Worldwide Inc. KRO, Koppers Holding Inc. KOP and Westlake Chemical Corporation WLK, all sporting a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong ... (12/29/2017)
- Global Inorganic Conductive Adhesive Industry Sales, Revenue, Gross Margin, Market Share, by Regions (2012-2022) - Hitachi Chemical, Kyocera, Tatsuta and more are profiled in the terms of product picture, specification, capacity, production, price, cost, gross, revenue, and contact information. Global Inorganic Conductive Adhesive Market report provides a basic ... (12/05/2017)
- LANXESS: Holger Hüppeler to lead the Inorganic Pigments business unit - Holger Hüppeler (50) will take over the management of the Inorganic Pigments (IPG ... From 2002 he was head of Strategic Marketing in the then Basic Chemicals business unit. Since March 2008 Hüppeler has been head of the Global Procurement & Logistics ... (11/15/2017)
- China Will Conduct More M&A Aboard In Chemical Manufacturing Industry In Future - China's chemical manufacturing capital have strong will to going out ... China has become the biggest supply country of many chemical materials, from the basic inorganic chemical materials like chlor-alkali products to the basic organic chemical materials ... (02/04/2016)
- ACC sees 2015, 2016 growth for US chemicals - “In turn, manufacturing costs are reduced ... underlying demand of 1.5 million units per year. Basic chemicals were hardest hit from recessions in Japan and Brazil. Strong growth is now expected in inorganic chemicals, organic chemistry, plastic resins ... (12/15/2014)
- Research and Markets: Chemical Industry Market Report 2013 - This Key Note Market Report Update analyses the UK chemical industry, which is essentially concerned with the production and consumption of organic and inorganic substances. The UK chemical industry is one of the country's largest manufacturing sectors and ... (02/04/2013)
- Blazing a trail in chemical science research - The technical knowledge and skills gained through experimentation, studies, research, design, experience, and practice are applied in diverse areas of building, construction, production, processing, and manufacturing. Chemical process simulation is used ... (09/05/2011)
- Pakistan Chemical Industry: Challenges And Prospects – Analysis - This implies that the secondary industries rely on the primary industries for feedstock and raw material to be used in manufacturing ... chemical imports constitute about 17% of the total import bill. Pakistan has made considerable progress in basic ... (07/19/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $83,568,191 on Carbon Black Manufacturing. It has awarded 472 contracts to 92 companies, with an average value of $908,350 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Chromium oxide manufacturing, Arsenites manufacturing, Sodium carbonate (i.e., soda ash) manufacturing, Bromine manufacturing, Silica, amorphous, manufacturing, Silver chloride manufacturing, Tin salts manufacturing, Hydrochloric acid manufacturing, Radium luminous compounds manufacturing, Strontium carbonate manufacturing, Fuel propellants, solid inorganic, not specified elsewhere by process, Silica gel manufacturing, Hydrazine manufacturing, Copper iodide manufacturing, Mercury chloride manufacturing, Hydrogen sulfide manufacturing, Heavy water (i.e., deuterium oxide) manufacturing, Sodium phosphate manufacturing, Glauber's salt manufacturing, Rare earth compounds, Potassium salts manufacturing, Potassium cyanide manufacturing, Potassium hypochlorate manufacturing, Strontium nitrate manufacturing, Bone black manufacturing, Solid fuel propellants, inorganic, Tin chloride manufacturing, Sodium hypochlorite manufacturing, Thiocyanate manufacturing, Alkalies manufacturing, Titanium dioxide manufacturing, Aluminum chloride manufacturing, Nickel compounds, Tanning agents, Sodium aluminate manufacturing, Chlorine dioxide manufacturing, Aluminum hydroxide (i.e., alumina trihydrate) manufacturing, Phosphorus compounds, Boric acid manufacturing, Copper compounds, Sodium inorganic compounds, Antimony oxide (except pigments) manufacturing, Potassium aluminum sulfate manufacturing, Bleaching agents, Potassium permanganate manufacturing, Radioactive isotopes manufacturing, Sodium borate manufacturing, Tungsten compounds, Strontium compounds, Sodium borohydride manufacturing, Alums (e.g., aluminum ammonium sulfate, aluminum potassium sulfate) manufacturing, Lead silicate manufacturing, Sodium peroxide manufacturing, Sodium aluminum sulfate manufacturing, Radioactive elements manufacturing, Potassium hydroxide (i.e., caustic potash) manufacturing, Carbonic acid manufacturing, Sodium silicate (i.e., water glass) manufacturing, Boron compounds, Tin compounds, Sal soda (i.e., washing soda) manufacturing, Cerium salts manufacturing, Stannic and stannous chloride manufacturing, Caustic potash manufacturing, Sodium bichromate and chromate manufacturing, Iron sulphate manufacturing, Rare earth salts manufacturing, Sulfur dioxide manufacturing, Aluminum compounds, Radium chloride manufacturing, Ammonium chloride manufacturing, Zinc hydrosulfite (i.e., zinc dithionite) manufacturing, Potassium nitrate manufacturing, Ammonium perchlorate manufacturing, Arsenic compounds, Sulfur hexafluoride gas manufacturing, Magnesium chloride manufacturing, Sulfur chloride manufacturing, Chlorine compounds, Carbon disulfide manufacturing, Sodium chlorate manufacturing, Chlorosulfonic acid manufacturing, Calcium inorganic compounds, Nickel carbonate manufacturing, Sodium tungstate manufacturing, Dichromates manufacturing, Potassium bromide manufacturing, Potassium bichromate and chromate manufacturing, Hydrofluosilicic acid manufacturing, Sodium perborate manufacturing, Oleum (i.e., fuming sulfuric acid) manufacturing, Sodium bicarbonate manufacturing, Furnace black manufacturing, Cobalt chloride manufacturing, Sodium hydrosulfite manufacturing, Hydrogen peroxide manufacturing, Sodium uranate manufacturing, Fluoboric acid manufacturing, Sodium polyphosphate manufacturing, Nuclear fuels, Sodium hydroxide (i.e., caustic soda) manufacturing, Iodides manufacturing, Lithium compounds, Selenium compounds, Ferrocyanides manufacturing, Hypophosphites manufacturing, Manganese dioxide manufacturing, Magnesium compounds, Cesium and cesium compounds, Silver nitrate manufacturing, Sodium bromide manufacturing, Copper sulfate manufacturing, Phosphorus oxychloride manufacturing, Soda ash manufacturing, Chloride of lime manufacturing, Chromic acid manufacturing, Cobalt sulfate manufacturing, Lead oxides (except pigments) manufacturing, Mercury compounds, Sulfuric acid manufacturing, Arsenates (except insecticides) manufacturing, Nickel ammonium sulfate manufacturing, Sodium molybdate manufacturing, Sodium tetraborate manufacturing, Perchloric acid manufacturing, Indium chloride manufacturing, Potassium inorganic compounds, Caustic soda (i.e., sodium hydroxide) manufacturing, Nickel sulfate manufacturing, Sulfocyanides manufacturing, Beryllium oxide manufacturing, Cyanides manufacturing, Iodine, crude or resublimed, Nuclear fuel scrap reprocessing, Deuterium oxide (i.e., heavy water) manufacturing, Carbon inorganic compounds manufacturing, Sodium stannate manufacturing, Ferric oxide manufacturing, Potassium sulfate manufacturing, Barium hydroxide manufacturing, Selenium dioxide manufacturing, Silver compounds, Potassium chloride manufacturing, Calcium hypochlorite manufacturing, Zinc chloride manufacturing, Sodium sulfate manufacturing, Cobalt 60 (i.e., radioactive cobalt) manufacturing, Tungstates (e.g., ammonium tungstate, sodium tungstate) manufacturing, Sodium antimoniate manufacturing, Chromium salts manufacturing, Carbon black manufacturing, Chromium compounds, Calcium carbide, chloride, and hypochlorite manufacturing, Ammonium hydroxide manufacturing, Borosilicate manufacturing, Silver bromide manufacturing, Magnesium carbonate manufacturing, Sulfides and sulfites manufacturing, Carbides (e.g., boron, calcium, silicon, tungsten) manufacturing, Chlorine manufacturing, Peroxides, Potassium carbonate manufacturing, Hydrosulfites manufacturing, Animal black manufacturing, Potassium chlorate manufacturing, Channel black manufacturing, Potassium iodide manufacturing, Sodium thiosulfate manufacturing, Sulfur and sulfur compounds, Iron compounds, Hydrofluoric acid manufacturing, Mercury oxide manufacturing, Lamp black manufacturing, Fluorine manufacturing, Sodium silicofluoride manufacturing, Zinc compounds, Borax (i.e., sodium borate) manufacturing, Zinc ammonium chloride manufacturing, Zinc sulfide manufacturing, Sodium cyanide manufacturing, Ammonium molybdate manufacturing, Uranium compounds, Sodium arsenite (except insecticides) manufacturing, Sulfur recovering or refining (except from sour natural gas), Barium compounds, Uranium oxide manufacturing, Uranium, enriched, Ammonium compounds, Silicofluorides manufacturing, Aluminum sulfate manufacturing, Tin oxide manufacturing, Ammonium thiosulfate manufacturing, Cobalt compounds, Ferric chloride manufacturing, Hydrocyanic acid manufacturing, Zinc oxide (except pigments) manufacturing, Copper chloride manufacturing, Hypochlorites manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.