Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||14%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Intelligent Material Solutions||7|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- US chemical production continues to rise by end of 2017 - The upturn reflects the rebounding overall manufacturing ... chemicals, synthetic rubber, consumer products and pharmaceuticals. These gains were offset by declines in the output trend in industrial gases, manufactured fibers, dyes and pigments, plastic ... (01/03/2018)
- US Chemical Output Up In November On Recovery From Hurricanes - synthetic rubber, consumer products and pharmaceuticals were neutralized by lower production in industrial gases, manufactured fibers, dyes and pigments, plastic resins and chlor-alkali. Per the ACC, activity for the U.S. manufacturing sector – the ... (12/28/2017)
- Kerala Agricultural University identifies plants to make natural dyes - THRISSUR: The Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) has identified plants for manufacturing natural ... vicechancellor P Rajendran. "Plant dyes were used for garment dyeing and wall paintings till the advent of synthetic dyes in the 16th century (08/30/2017)
- KAU identifies 12 natural dyes for textiles - Plant dyes were used for garment dyeing and wall paintings till the advent of synthetic dyes in the 16th century. Awareness of the hazardous effects of chemical dyeing and chemical dye manufacturing ... dyed with these pigments have been tested in SITRA ... (08/30/2017)
- The color purple: How an accidental discovery changed fashion forever - Finally, as the world entered the post-Industrial Revolution phase, the manufacturing ... not only brought new paints, pigments, and dyes into the world, but it was ultimately responsible for major innovations such as synthetic rubber, fibers such as ... (08/29/2017)
- Global Pigments and Dyes Industry - INDUSTRY OVERVIEW..... II-1 Pigments and Dyes ... Table 15: Global Pigments Imports (2015): Percentage Breakdown of Import Value by Country of Destination (includes corresponding Graph/Chart).....II-76 Table 16: Global Synthetic Organic ... (01/10/2017)
- Utah State biological engineer patents method making blue dye using E. coli - Synthetic versions of this dye “can be harmful to human health and the environment,” the statement said. Zhan’s method produces high enough yields of the natural blue pigment that it may make an impact in the manufacturing ... at firstname.lastname@example.org ... (02/25/2016)
- Kiri Dyes IPO price band fixed at Rs 125-150 - The company is, since the last nine years, in the business of manufacturing reactive dyes, also known as Synthetic Organic Dyes (S.O. Dyes ... The world market for dyes, pigments and dye intermediates is estimated at about $ 23 billion. (03/12/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,654,578 on Synthetic Dye & Pigment Manufacturing. It has awarded 32 contracts to 18 companies, with an average value of $91,921 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Stilbene dyes manufacturing, Color pigments, organic (except animal black, bone black), manufacturing, Anthraquinone dyes manufacturing, Metallic pigments, inorganic, Disperse dyes manufacturing, Pigments (except animal black, organic, Umber manufacturing, Phosphomolybdic acid lakes and toners manufacturing, Phosphotungstic acid lakes and toners manufacturing, Pigments (except bone black, carbon black, lamp black), Barytes based pigments manufacturing, Persian orange lake manufacturing, Inorganic pigments (except bone black, lamp black) manufacturing, Ultramarine pigments manufacturing, Whiting manufacturing, Iron based pigments manufacturing, Pararosaniline dyes manufacturing, Peacock blue lake manufacturing, Antimony based pigments manufacturing, Vermilion pigments manufacturing, Solvent dyes manufacturing, Lead pigments manufacturing, Direct dyes manufacturing, Mordant dyes manufacturing, Blanc fixe (i.e., barium sulfate, precipitated) manufacturing, Litharge manufacturing, Chrome pigments (e.g., chrome green, chrome orange, chrome yellow) manufacturing, Azo dyes manufacturing, Phthalocyanine pigments manufacturing, Mineral colors and pigments manufacturing, inorganic (except bone black, Ocher pigments manufacturing, Pigment, scarlet lake, Dyes, Lead based pigments manufacturing, Satin white pigments manufacturing, Ceramic colors manufacturing, Nitroso dyes manufacturing, Eosin dyes manufacturing, Arsenic based pigments manufacturing, Fluorescent dyes manufacturing, Azine dyes manufacturing, Prussian blue pigments manufacturing, Ferric oxide pigments manufacturing, Pearl essence pigment, synthetic, Scarlet 2 R lake manufacturing, Sienna pigment manufacturing, Lakes (i.e., organic pigments) manufacturing, Toners (except electrostatic, photographic) manufacturing, Organic pigments, dyes, lakes, and toners manufacturing, Zinc based pigments manufacturing, Titanium based pigments manufacturing, Black pigments (except carbon black, bone black, Stains, biological, Lithopone manufacturing, White extender pigments (e.g., barytes, blanc fixe, whiting) manufacturing, Copper base pigments manufacturing, Methyl violet toners manufacturing, Vat dyes, Acid dyes, synthetic organic, Food coloring, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.