Petrochemical Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Petrochemical Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Petrochemical Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Petrochemical Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Petrochemical Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Petrochemical Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Petrochemical Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Petrochemical Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Petrochemical Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||14%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Petrochemical Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Merger Helps This Chemical Maker Discover The Right Formula - In another move targeting the fast-growing Asian market, Kraton formed a joint venture with Taiwan's Formosa Petrochemical. Kraton and Formosa opened a new manufacturing plant in May 2017 for products made from what's known as a hydrogenated styrenic block ... (01/12/2018)
- Effort discussed to potentially make area a center for petrochemical industry - Hosted by the Northwest Pennsylvania Oil and Gas Hub, a nonprofit agency, the meeting was to ensure the region's leadership understands what opportunities will come available within the petrochemical industry now and in the future. Shell Chemical said it ... (01/12/2018)
- Is the outlook for China’s petrochemicals market hanging in the balance? - The concentration of manufacturing in China and its export focus are key growth drivers for basic petrochemicals such as ethylene, propylene, paraxylene and benzene, as well as derivatives of these major product groups. The term of China demand growth ... (01/11/2018)
- Shell developing 20MW solar plant at Netherlands petrochemicals site - Shell is developing a 20MW solar plant at Moerdijk in the Netherlands where it runs one of Europe's largest petrochemicals manufacturing sites. The project, set to include more than 50,000 solar panels, is being developed by Shell New Energies Business. (01/10/2018)
- 3 Top Green Stocks to Consider Buying Now - Braskem will do just fine -- most of its business resides in petrochemical manufacturing. Besides, the $10 billion company is consistently profitable, growing revenue at a healthy clip for the foreseeable future from new production plant start-ups ... (01/09/2018)
- Saudi Plastic & Petrochemicals show highlights challenges facing the sector - With the drive toward economic diversification, the chemical and petrochemical sector in Saudi Arabia is accelerating the achievement of the objectives of the Saudi Vision 2030. The vision, which has made manufacturing the core of its industrial objectives ... (01/08/2018)
- Major Manufacturing Infrastructure Project In Appalachia Just Cleared First Critical Hurdle - The American Chemistry Council estimates that an Appalachian Storage Hub could generate over 100,000 jobs and $36 billion in capital investment from the petrochemical industry ... The state manufacturing associations in Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Ohio ... (01/05/2018)
- Petrochemicals in review - Petrochemicals are the key building blocks for the manufacture ... On the other hand it also increased ethylene prices which are the core ingredient for the manufacturing of PVC. Since the downstream demand of PVC has been strong, overall local PVC ... (01/04/2018)
- Samsung Engineering bags USD 700 million petrochemical plant contract from SABIC - announced it has bagged a USD 700 million contract from Saudi manufacturing company SABIC for setting up an Ethylene Oxide-Ethylene Glycol (EO/EG) plant in Saudi Arabia. The contract has been placed by SABIC affiliate company Jubail United Petrochemical ... (01/02/2018)
- SABIC to build 700,000 metric tons petrochemical plant - RIYADH — SABIC has announced the award of an Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract to Samsung Engineering for constructing an Ethylene Glycol plant at its manufacturing affiliate, Jubail United Petrochemical Company (United). (12/29/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $505,269 on Petrochemical Manufacturing. It has awarded 89 contracts to 18 companies, with an average value of $28,070 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Isobutane made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Olefins made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Cyclic aromatic hydrocarbons made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Styrene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Dodecene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Isobutene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Pentenes made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Butylene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Heptenes made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Acyclic hydrocarbons (e.g., butene, ethylene, propene) (except acetylene) made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Ethylbenzene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Ethane made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Ethylene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Paraffins made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Butadiene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Xylene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Toluene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Butane made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Heptanes made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Propylene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Pentanes made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Cumene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Benzene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Aliphatic (e.g., hydrocarbons) (except acetylene) made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Isoprene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, Nonene made from refined petroleum or liquid hydrocarbons, etc.