|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||13%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|JM Fiber Optics|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Submarine Communications Optical Fiber Cable Market by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Forecast to 2017 - RadiantInsights.com has announced the addition of "Global Submarine Communications Optical Fiber Cable Market Size ... Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience ... (01/09/2018)
- Advancements in technology enhances the demand of cable management system market according to new research report - Wire ... communications, Information & Technology, and power distributions. Electrical cable management contains cables for installation. It makes changes to the cables in an easier way. The growing construction industry and the rising need for energy ... (01/08/2018)
- Global Wind Energy Cables Market Revenue Status and Outlook (2012-2022) - The will chart the course for a more comprehensive organization and discernment of the competition situation in the Wind Energy Cables market. As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding of the direction in which the ... (01/08/2018)
- Prysmian to acquire General Cable for $30.00 per share in cash - ... and fiber optic wire and cable products for the energy, communications, transportation, industrial, construction and specialty segments. General Cable is one of the largest wire and cable manufacturing companies in the world, operating manufacturing ... (12/04/2017)
- Wire & Cable Report 2017 - The Global Market for Energy and Telecoms Wire and Cable - Research and Markets - This report surveys the marker for the first group, energy and communications conductors, and contains a brief review of the second group, mechanical wire rope. 1. Production Production is analysed in tonnage for all wire and cable by region from 2000 to ... (06/29/2017)
- Global Wire & Cable Report 2017 – Focus on Energy and Telecoms Wires and Cables - This report surveys the marker for the first group, energy and communications conductors, and contains a brief review of the second group, mechanical wire rope. 1. Production Production is analysed in tonnage for all wire and cable by region from 2000 to ... (06/22/2017)
- General Cable to Acquire Alcan Cable - General Cable Corporation (BGC) intends to acquire Alcan Cable, the wire and cable business ... aluminum and fiber optic wire and cable products for the energy, industrial, specialty and communications markets. The company will be able to expand its ... (05/22/2012)
- Superior Essex Energy Inc. Announces First Commercial Production of Energy Cable Products - This initial product launch is only the beginning of a plan to be a full line supplier to the energy market,” states Lindsay Allen, Vice President of Marketing. The Tarboro, NC manufacturing ... and fiber optic communication wire and cable products ... (02/28/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $36,404,314 on Communication & Energy Wire & Cable Manufacturing. It has awarded 742 contracts to 314 companies, with an average value of $115,937 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|