Custom Roll Forming Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Custom Roll Forming
Overview: the U.S. Custom Roll Forming IndustryCustom roll forming firms provide essential companies provide essential and at times complex inputs for manufacturers.
The custom roll forming industry manufactures metals into complex shapes, rings, trim, channels, and structural components using precision equipment. Large market segments include HVAC and construction, as well as many other large-volume manufacturers. Roll forming enables manufacturers to produce parts at high volumes with better quality and durability. The industry allows manufacturers to consolidate production and finishing stages into one operation, thereby cutting costs and accelerating speeds.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Custom Roll Forming:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Custom Roll Forming industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Custom Roll Form Products
Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Custom Roll Forming Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Custom Roll Forming companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Custom Roll Forming company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Custom Roll Forming industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Custom Roll Forming measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||17%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||14%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Custom Roll Forming Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Best Tech of CES 2018 - Billed as the world’s first “modular TV,” Samsung says the display can be built to any custom size you want (in theory ... With the press of a button, the TV can roll down into its base and basically crop itself to 21:9 aspect ratio to better ... (01/11/2018)
- New Year resolutions and predictions - Many as is the custom could be seen singing and dancing in thanksgiving ... Another earth year has just ended and a new one has just received humanity to roll them on, as if on a conveyor belt, to the next step of the unfolding new-Age. (01/11/2018)
- Kingsland Kitchen Makes the Most Proper English Breakfast You’ll Ever Find In Portland - It is a collage in comfort, a variety plate custom-made for a country shy of spice ... It is the finest example of the form I've had in Portland, and at $16 it could serve two. That plate is served all day until 3 pm, closing time, as is perhaps the ... (01/10/2018)
- Alpine announces Android Auto head unit with a 'floating' 9-inch display - Alpine is on hand at CES to roll out yet another Android Auto head unit ... This allows you to have a big 9-inch display without custom installation work. However, the screen is only WVGA (800x480) resolution. It supports both CarPlay and Android Auto ... (01/10/2018)
- DeepMind and the NHS: What it's really like to use Google's kidney health app - DeepMind even created a custom alert noise for Streams ... it had to take to bring it into line with the Data Protection Act (there is now an opt-out form on the Royal Free's website). However, the research project itself was allowed to continue. (01/10/2018)
- Alcatel Eyes T-Mobile With New Phone Line - Band 71, also known as 600MHz LTE, is a long-range frequency which T-Mobile is starting to roll out to cover previously underserved ... From what we saw, though, all three phones have the tall, narrow 18:9 form factor that's becoming popular nowadays. (01/10/2018)
- LG Display's crazy 65-inch OLED TV can roll up like a poster - and had the chance to roll it up and down myself using a remote control, I can say that it's not as crazy -- mainly because the rolled-up part is hidden inside that box -- but much more practical than the small one. It reminds me of those custom-installed ... (01/09/2018)
- Beckwood to Supply High-Speed Punching Press to Dahlstrom Roll Form - St. Louis, MO - Beckwood Press Company, a leading manufacturer of custom hydraulic presses and automation systems and the Triform line of precision forming equipment, has been awarded a contract by Dahlstrom Roll Form to design and manufacture a 75-ton ... (09/05/2017)
- Research and Markets: Custom Roll Forming Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition] - LLC's new report "Custom Roll Forming Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Year-End Edition]" to their offering. This December publication of Custom Roll Forming Industry report is the comprehensive market research guide for the industry. (01/07/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $112,490 on Custom Roll Forming. It has awarded 9 contracts to 3 companies, with an average value of $37,497 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Gutters and down spouts sheet metal, custom roll formed, manufacturing, Custom roll forming metal products, etc.