|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Iron & Steel Forging
Overview of the U.S. Iron & Steel Forging IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Iron & Steel Forging: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Iron & Steel Forging industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Iron And Steel Forging
Hot Impression Die Impact, Press, And Upset Steel Forgings
Seamless Rolled Ring Forgings, Ferrous, Made From Purchased Iron And Steel
Open Die And Smith Forgings (Hammer And Press), Ferrous, Made From Purchased Iron And Steel
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Iron & Steel Forging Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Iron & Steel Forging companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Iron & Steel Forging company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Iron & Steel Forging industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Iron & Steel Forging measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||17%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||14%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Iron & Steel Forging Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|G & B Specialties|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- How to Tell If You Have a Real Damascus Steel Blade - It was a crucible steel that was made by melting pieces of iron and steel in clay pots ... a material with a visible crystalline structure of varying carbide contents. Forging the material into a desired shape (such as a sword blade) alters the crystalline ... (01/11/2018)
- Recent metal and metal manufactured products market growth explained - Ferrous metals majorly consist of iron and various types of steel chiefly employed in the construction and ... which are usually employed in making of castings, alloys, forgings, wires, cables, extrusions, and pipes. The metal and metal manufactured ... (01/11/2018)
- Ford F-150 Power Stroke Turbodiesel Finally Debuts for 2018 - The engine block is cast from compact-graphite iron – the same material Ford uses in the heavy-duty 6.7-liter Power Stroke V-8 found in the Super Duty lineup, as well as the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 in the F-150. Its crankshaft is made from forged steel ... (01/08/2018)
- Callaway X Forged Utility iron - The X Forged Utility iron is designed to be a driving iron for accomplished ... First, it features a cup-face design, so instead of the hitting area being flat and wielded to the stainless steel body on the edges, it curls into the topline, toe and sole. (01/04/2018)
- Callaway X Forged UT Iron Revealed - Callaway X Forged UT Iron Revealed - New Callaway utility iron said to take ... X Forged UT Irons are available in 18°, 21° and 24° lofts with Project X stepless steel shafts and feature a strategically-positioned CG location, sitting directly in ... (01/04/2018)
- U.S. Iron And Steel Forging Market (2016-2025) - Research and Markets - The "U.S. Iron And Steel Forging Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. iron and steel forging market. It presents the latest data of the market ... (07/28/2017)
- Steel, Forging a Comeback - Nucor has applied for permits to build a $2 billion plant in Louisiana that would manufacture iron to supply its processing plants. The Russian giant Severstal recently purchased the Sparrows Point steel plant outside Baltimore, promising to invest a half ... (05/28/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $22,066,539 on Iron & Steel Forging. It has awarded 262 contracts to 59 companies, with an average value of $374,009 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Drop forgings made from purchased iron or steel, unfinished, Forgings made from purchased iron or steel, Gun forgings made from purchased iron or steel, Iron forgings made from purchased iron, Cold forgings made from purchased iron or steel, Horseshoes, ferrous forged, made from purchased iron or steel, Steel forgings made from purchased steel, Press forgings made from purchased iron or steel, Upset forgings made from purchased iron or steel, Hammer forgings made from purchased iron or steel, Ferrous forgings made from purchased iron or steel, Hot forgings made from purchased iron or steel, etc.