|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing
Powder Metallurgy Parts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||17%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||14%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Tool and Die Makers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Torrey Hills Technologies LLC.||5|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Engineer GKN rejects ‘opportunistic’ £8bn approach from Melrose - “Before today’s news, my sum-of-the-parts valuation ... in Driveline and Powder Metallurgy or prevent the growth in Aerospace inexorably manifesting itself,” he said. London-listed Melrose specialises in buying underperforming manufacturing ... (01/12/2018)
- Global Aerospace Metallurgy Additive Manufacturing Market 2017-2023 - Market is Forecast to Reach $20.9 Billion - and direct metal printing of airworthy parts. Key Topics: Metallurgy Additive Manufacturing Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace Lowering the Total Cost of Manufacturing 3D Printing AM Revolution Fabricated metal Modeling processes Powder metallurgy Wire ... (11/23/2017)
- GKN : reinforces Additive Manufacturing leadership with GKN Additive - GKN is already an Additive Manufacturing (AM) leader, with AM parts flying on civil, military, business jets and space aircraft, and AM parts driving in cars today, as well as a world-leading powder business: Powder Metallurgy GKN Additive website launched ... (10/16/2017)
- Global $7.3 Bn Powder Metallurgy Markets 2016-2017 & Projections 2022 - The "Powder Metallurgy: Global Markets to 2022" report has been added ... CAGR of 5.2% and 8.2% This report analyzes the PM industry on a global basis, including manufacturing capability and consumption by regional markets. It also examines industry ... (10/13/2017)
- Powder Metallurgy: Global Markets to 2022 - The global powder metallurgy part shipments market is expected to grow from 3.2 ... This report analyzes the PM industry on a global basis, including manufacturing capability and consumption by regional markets. It also examines industry standards ... (10/12/2017)
- Geneva man honored for achievements in powder metallurgy - Moore, of Geneva, is retired from the Burgess-Norton Manufacturing Company ... Conference on Powder Metallurgy & Particulate Materials, the release stated. The award recognizes professionals who devoted a major part of their careers to one or more segments ... (06/30/2017)
- Manufacturer starts munitions components machining process - a process in which the equipment manufacturing the parts is controlled by a computer. “In a few weeks time, we hope to start up the powder metallurgy section,” Tungsten Heavy Powder & Parts CEO and owner Joseph Sery said. “In a few months ... (02/22/2017)
- Research and Markets: China Powder Metallurgy Industry Report, 2010-2011 - has announced the addition of the "China Powder Metallurgy Industry Report, 2010-2011" report to their offering. Benefiting from China's status as a global manufacturing center, industries such as the auto parts industry have been transferring their ... (09/14/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,169,074 on Powder Metallurgy Part Manufacturing. It has awarded 61 contracts to 20 companies, with an average value of $58,454 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Powder metallurgy products manufactured on a job or order basis, etc.