|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Fabric Coating Mills
Overview of the U.S. Fabric Coating Mills IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Fabric Coating Mills: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Fabric Coating Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Fabric Coating Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Fabric Coating Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Fabric Coating Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Fabric Coating Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||35%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||28%|
|Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||17%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Fabric Coating Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The weekend read: The science of soil - The Netherlands’ DSM – a producer of backsheets and anti-reflective coating for solar modules – last year introduced ... of industrial and economic growth such as factories and textile plants, the conversation about how best to mitigate the impact ... (01/13/2018)
- Saint Jean Carbon Completes Mill - As well as applications including, solar panels, graphene for use in fabric ... mill tests and multiple series of lab studies. Each step will be documented to continue the best practices for; extraction, floatation, drying, sizing, shaping and coating ... (01/10/2018)
- Under the skin of Polartec’s fabric development - Polartec’s history dates back to 1906, when the company was founded as Malden Mills Polartec ... water resistant coating to keep drizzle and brief showers out. Interestingly, despite the emphasis on forward-thinking technology in fabric creation, natural ... (08/23/2017)
- R.I. textile trade group seeks to boost industry growth - Participating companies included Hope Global, Cooley Group, Toray Plastics America, Polaris MEP, American Cord & Webbing Company, Brickle Group, Colonial Mills, Darlington Fabrics, Dartex Coatings, Kenyon Industries, Nautilus Defense, Propel LLC ... (10/23/2016)
- Local textile company still runs its mill, grows despite industry cuts - GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP — Absecon Mills’ 100,000-square-foot workshop ... seat coverings to glass fiber substitutes in surfboard coatings to cloth that goes into bullet-proof vests to fabrics used to armor military vehicles. In those ballistics-grade fabrics ... (04/25/2016)
- How an entrepreneur is raising hope for renewal of SC mill village - Like other textile ... coatings factory and hire more than 30 people over time. County officials hope the arrival of U.S. Building Innovations Inc. will spark additional commercial activity – maybe even lead to redevelopment of the old mill, which ... (04/14/2016)
- Investor Revives Closed Warren of Stafford Textile Mill - It was the last textile mill in the state making fabric for the fashion industry, though there are a few that make technical, coated fabrics. Jacob Long, the new owner, has never worked in the textile industry. His background was in investment banking ... (06/20/2014)
- Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills Industry Group in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade Report - has announced the addition of the "Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills Industry Group in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade" report to their offering. The Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills industry group report provides in ... (08/15/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,777,525 on Fabric Coating Mills. It has awarded 101 contracts to 45 companies, with an average value of $128,389 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Vinyl coated fabrics manufacturing, Rubberizing purchased cloaks, Rubberizing purchased capes, Metallizing purchased textiles, Varnishing purchased textiles and apparel, Waterproofing apparel, fabrics and textile products (e.g., oiling, rubberizing, waxing, varnishing), Laminating purchased textiles, Tapes, varnished and coated (except magnetic), made from purchased fabric, Waxing purchased textiles and apparel, Oiling of purchased textiles and apparel, Rubberizing purchased textiles and apparel, Raincoats waterproofing (i.e., oiling), Textile waterproofing, Rubberizing purchased coats, Plastics coating of textiles and apparel, Leather, artificial, Oilcloth manufacturing, Garments, oiling (i.e., waterproofing), Rubberizing purchased clothing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.