|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills
Overview: the U.S. Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||35%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||28%|
|Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders||23%|
|Other Production Occupations||17%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||9%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- America’s 25 dying industries include sound studios, textiles, newspapers - Employment in the industry fell by 42.9% over the same period, one of the largest declines of any sector. 20. Textile and fabric finishing mills Employment change 2007-2016: -44.4% Employment total: 23,739 Wage growth 2007-2016: 23.1% Avg. annual wage ... (12/28/2017)
- These Chinese textile mills are going green—and saving millions - Fashion is a dirty business, and the process of dyeing and finishing ... 15,000 textile mills. Greer admits there’s a significant problem that the program can’t easily fix: the use of hazardous chemicals. When the mills dye fabrics, their business ... (04/15/2016)
- Nigeria: In Textile Industry, a Hidden Goldmine - Most industry participants blamed the change in fortunes of the textile industry on the influx of cheaper fabrics from China and India, hard for local mills to compete with ... manufacturing is the dyeing and finishing level of production. (02/16/2016)
- Textile mills' machinery imports rise 54pc - A BTMA certification is required for importing machinery for the textile sector. Machinery imports accelerated, as entrepreneurs set up 26 textile mills in spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing last ... demand for yarn and fabrics from garment makers ... (08/23/2015)
- On clearance: Old textile mill heading to auction - More than a half million square feet of the main building of Mission Valley Mills sits empty on the edge of the Guadalupe River. But just enough remains inside to tell the story of the once thriving textile ... fabric. “We were the only start-to-finish ... (08/03/2014)
- Requiem For A Local Textile Mill - The first afternoon would be spent observing the conversion of fibers into woven fabrics; and the second on the dyeing and finishing operations. From modest beginnings with the Slater Mill in Pawtucket, R.I., the textile industry changed from a cottage ... (11/29/2013)
- Mills offering more organic, recycled fabrics - HIGH POINT — The eco-friendly movement is gaining traction in the upholstery fabric arena ... our belief that the textile industry is looking for greener and safer products for textile finishing.” Victor Innovatex, a vertical mill, is applying ... (09/01/2008)
- Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills Industry Group in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade Report - has announced the addition of the "Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills Industry Group in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade" report to their offering. The Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills industry group report provides in ... (08/15/2008)
- Spartan Mills takes 'drastic steps' Closing, downsizing will leave 365 jobless Tough times for textiles - "It's a sad day for Spartan Mills," Thompson said. "We will try to place as many as possible in other Spartan Mills facilities." A hiring freeze will be in effect at Spartan Mills' Cherokee Finishing ... of imported fabrics and textile products, forcing ... (09/02/1999)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $28,639,659 on Textile & Fabric Finishing Mills. It has awarded 387 contracts to 98 companies, with an average value of $292,241 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Textile products finishing, Scouring and combing textile fibers, Dyeing gloves, woven or knit, for the trade, Calendering textile products, apparel, and fabrics, Printing textile products (except apparel), Wool tops and noils manufacturing, Teaseling fabrics, Burling and mending fabrics, Shrinking textile products and fabrics, Sueding textile products and fabrics, Chemical finishing (e.g., fire, mildew, water resistance) fabrics, Combing textile fibers, Preshrinking textile products and fabrics, Dyeing textile products and fabrics, Mercerizing textile products and fabrics, Carding textile fibers, Converting textiles, Napping textile products and fabrics, Sizing of fabric, Bleaching textile products, Fabric finishing, Thread finishing, Carbonizing textile fibers, Embossing textile products and fabrics, Printing fabric grey goods, Combing and converting top, Screen printing fabric grey goods and textile products (except apparel), Converters, piece goods, Gassing yarn (i.e., singeing), Crease resistant finishing of fabrics, Sponging textile products and fabrics, Stone washing textile products, etc.