Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing
Fabricated Structural Metal Bar Joists And Concrete Reinforcing Bars
Fabricated Structural Metal For Bridges
Other Fabricated Structural Metal
Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Plate Work Manufacturing
Fabricated Plate Work (Stacks And Weldments)
Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing
Ornamental And Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing
Ornamental And Architectural Metal Work
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Mission Critical Solutions|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Materion’s Aluminum Beryllium AlBeMet Selected for MS-177 Sensor - which combines the high modulus and low-density characteristics of beryllium with the fabrication and mechanical property behaviors of aluminum. Because of its excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio, AlBeMet is used extensively in optical, structural and ... (01/11/2018)
- Materion to supply AlBeMet composite parts for MS-177 sensor system - UTC Aerospace Systems has contracted US-based company Materion for the delivery of its AlBeMet metal matrix composite parts for the ... and low-density characteristics with aluminium’s fabrication and mechanical property behaviours. (01/10/2018)
- Mobile-based Threaded Fasteners joins forces with Bolt & Nut Inc. of out Tampa - based Threaded Fasteners Inc. is joining forces with the Bolt & Nut sales and manufacturing teams to create an even ... commercial marine construction, stainless steel fabricators, metal building manufacturers and Department of Transportation (DOT ... (01/05/2018)
- US chemical production continues to rise by end of 2017 - The upturn reflects the rebounding overall manufacturing activity ... machinery; fabricated metal products; computers and electronics; semiconductors; iron and steel products; structural panels; foundries; and paper. Compared to November 2016, US chemical ... (01/03/2018)
- Sahm Welding Is Expanding Facility - The additions are being made to the south and west side of the building. Sahm welding specializes in light Structural work, sheet metal fabrication and custom equipment. “We’re adding some new equipment and moving some things around,” Sahm said. (12/31/2017)
- East Coast Metal Fabrication making a name for itself in steel industry - ... locally-owned manufacturing company in the SydPort Industrial Park is hitting its stride in the structural steel business. East Coast Metal Fabrication Inc., has increased its workforce from 11 to 55 employees in just two years. The metal fabricator ... (06/02/2015)
- Research and Markets: United States Fabricated Metal Products Market 2014-2018 - Leading Vendors are Ball Corporation, Schaeffler & Timken - The Fabricated Metal Product market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 7.34% over the period 2013-2018 Metal fabrication is a process ... Plumbing and Heating, Fabricated Structural Metal Products, Screw Machine Products and Bolts, Metal Forgings and Stampings ... (11/05/2014)
- Fabrication has impact on FDL economy - The Fond du Lac area is part of a unique corridor of the state — roughly from Milwaukee to Appleton — that is considered a hotbed for metal fabrication ... has two divisions: custom fabrication and structural steel fabrication that takes place at ... (10/14/2014)
- Clark County at Work: Hi-Tech Metal Fabrication Inc. - Address: 2301 S.E. Hidden Way, No. 100. What the business does: Hi-Tech Metal Fabrication Inc. is a full-service structural steel fabrication and erection shop. The shop fabricates miscellaneous structural steel packages including on-site erection of the ... (06/23/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $123,006,181 on Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,052 contracts to 348 companies, with an average value of $353,466 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Dam gates, metal plate, manufacturing, Expansion joints, metal, Structural steel, fabricated, Radio and television tower sections, fabricated structural metal, Floor jacks, Railway bridge sections, prefabricated metal, Floor posts, adjustable metal, Transmission tower sections, Boat sections, Bars, concrete reinforcing, Joists, fabricated bar, Landing mats, aircraft, Flood gates, Barge sections, Steel railroad car racks manufacturing, Bridge sections, Highway bridge sections, Fabricated bar joists manufacturing, Ship sections, Fabricated structural metal manufacturing, Television tower sections, Steel joists manufacturing, Concrete reinforcing bar (rebar) assemblies, fabrication, etc.