|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Plate Work Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Plate Work Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Plate Work Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Plate Work Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Custom Roll Form Products
Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing
Plate Work Manufacturing
Fabricated Plate Work (Stacks And Weldments)
Receipts For Machine Shop Job Work And Job Order Repairs
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Plate Work Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Plate Work Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Plate Work Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Plate Work Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Plate Work Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Plate Work Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- TANAKA Begins Shipments of SJeva, a Newly-developed, High-Quality Au Deposition Material - Benefits of the New Deposition Material - Reduced number of cleaning processes Usually, various shapes of deposition materials including pellet, plate ... and outside Japan work together with unified cooperation between manufacturing, sales, and ... (01/12/2018)
- WKYT sits down with new president of Toyota Kentucky - For three decades Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky in Georgetown has been turning ... "There are so many girls that are steered away from that technical side of the work, but I think they would be challenged. Any time I see a girl I say you can at ... (01/11/2018)
- Harvesting energy and profits: A new approach to MEP cost analysis - While our primary responsibility focuses on saving money, we can simultaneously work to help save the planet ... hospitality, industrial/manufacturing, sports venues, and more—can benefit from energy-harvesting strategies. Facilities that are operational ... (01/11/2018)
- How to Think Like a RoboBee Insect Bot - The History of RoboBee Back in 2013, after a decade’s worth of work ... via a pop-up manufacturing technique that was developed by the team in 2011. Laser-cut materials are layered and sandwiched together into a thin and flat plate. (01/11/2018)
- Governor Ricketts' State of the State address - Senator Watermeier delivered to my desk the first pro-life legislation in several years with the “Choose Life” license plate ... All of this great work we’ve done together sets a tone that Nebraska is open for business from manufacturing to ... (01/10/2018)
- Don't Call It a 3D Printer: Airwolf 3D Debuts Industrial EVO Additive Manufacturing Center at CES 2018 - including the ability to work in metals. The EVO far surpasses the capabilities of a traditional desktop 3D printer. It’s a true desktop Additive Manufacturing Center.” The rugged EVO, with a 100% aluminum frame and one-piece steel build plate ... (01/09/2018)
- Metal based additive manufacturing is allowing hospitals to produce custom made implants - PSIs can be produced by additive manufacturing (AM) in several different materials ... However, it is important that work continues to develop on more advanced software packages, as current options require highly trained and experienced members of staff ... (01/09/2018)
- How Germany Wins At Manufacturing — For Now - "On this threaded plate you can hang 4 Mercedes-Benz S-Classes on ... He says he thinks it would be a good thing if the U.S. had more manufacturing jobs and could provide work for people who aren't highly educated, but that such an expansion would ... (01/05/2018)
- Work to start on HQ of Louisville Plate Glass - Aldora has five manufacturing locations. Under the new arrangement, Stone and some investors purchased the Creations Gardens building off Produce Road. Stone will remain as president of Louisville Plate Glass and a new shareholder of Aldora. Reporter ... (08/09/2016)
- Research and Markets: Updated Report on the $6.0 Billion Plate Work Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade [2010 Edition] - LLC's new report "Plate Work Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Edition]" to their offering. Definition & Classification This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing fabricated metal plate work ... (06/21/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $14,526,890 on Plate Work Manufacturing. It has awarded 317 contracts to 111 companies, with an average value of $130,873 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Jackets, industrial, fabricated metal plate work, manufacturing, Covers, floating, Nuclear shielding, Reactor containment vessels, fabricated metal plate, Bins, Buoys, fabricated plate work metal, Fumigating chambers, Ladles, Cyclones, Cupolas, Truss plates, metal, Space simulation chambers, Liners, Tunnel lining, Airlocks, Weldments manufacturing, Pile shells, Troughs, Plate work (e.g., bending, cutting, punching, shaping, welding), fabricated metal, Ducting, Pipe, Penstocks, Rocket casings, fabricated metal work, Casings, scroll, Smokestacks, fabricated metal boiler plate, annealing, Ladle bails, Trash racks, Hoods, Baffles, Chutes, Racks (e.g., trash), Breechings, Culverts, Flumes, Hoppers, Floating covers, Fabricated plate work manufacturing, Tunnels, wind, Sterilizing chambers, etc.