|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Prefabricated Metal Building And Component Manufacturing
Prefabricated Metal Building And Component Systems (Excluding Farm Service Buildings, Residential Buildings, And Parts)
Other Prefabricated And Portable Metal Buildings And Parts
Prefabricated Metal Building And Component Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Vaccine Industry Retools Itself for Speed - Pathogens evolve and epitopes shift at an alarming rate, threatening to outpace the vaccine industry, which struggles to keep up, even though it has already started to upgrade its manufacturing ... stainless-steel connections were used. Each component ... (01/14/2018)
- Obaseki: Why we’re Building 5,500-bpd Modular Refinery, Seaport - According to the Special Adviser, Media to the Governor, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, while the Gelegele Seaport would open up the State to the international market, the modular refinery ... Park under construction and other manufacturing companies in the region. (01/13/2018)
- The future is prefabricated - Watch the video Extreme weather, in particular long cold winters, can make building outside difficult there, so prefabricated components are created in manufacturing plants ... primarily concrete and steel, but these could be very heavy, making them ... (01/10/2018)
- Prefabricated and mobile components combine to form The People's Station cultural centre - People's Architecture Office has completed a modular cultural centre ... the studio used metal ducting to create giant Chinese characters on the facade of a building, and at The People's Station similar components are used to form bench seating around ... (01/04/2018)
- U.S. Prefabricated Metal Building And Components Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Prefabricated Metal Building And Components Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. prefabricated metal building and ... (03/30/2017)
- Steel truss operation brings manufacturing back to East Texas - Cascade has just started production of steel trusses in Tyler ... That grew to the Cascade Manufacturing Company in 1963, when it began making prefabricated wood components for construction in the post-war building boom. But wood became scarce in many ... (06/28/2015)
- Research and Markets: Prefabricated Metal Building and Component Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its Foreign Trade: in 2011 Import Was Valued at $107.6 Million USD from ... - LLC's new report "Prefabricated Metal Building and Component Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade" to their offering. This 2012 publication of Prefabricated Metal Building and Component Manufacturing Industry report is the comprehensive ... (11/02/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $111,301,547 on Prefabricated Metal Building & Component Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,230 contracts to 295 companies, with an average value of $377,293 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Sections for prefabricated metal buildings manufacturing, Carports, prefabricated metal, manufacturing, Prefabricated buildings, metal, Prefabricated homes, Silos, Panels, prefabricated metal building, Garages, Portable buildings, Utility buildings, Greenhouses, Houses, Farm buildings, Dwellings, Buildings, Warehouses, Sheds, (e.g., garden, storage, utility) prefabricated metal, etc.