|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers
Overview of the U.S. Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Construction, Forestry, And Mining Machinery And Equipment, Including Parts And Attachments
Farm Machinery, Equipment, And Parts
New Farm Tractors
New Harvesting Machinery
New Land Preparation, Planting, And Cultivating Machinery
New Dairy Farm And Barn Equipment
New Irrigation Equipment And Parts
Other New Farm Machinery And Equipment
Used Farm Machinery And Equipment
Parts And Supplies For Farm Machinery And Equipment
Lawn And Garden Machinery, Equipment, And Parts
New Power Lawn Mowers
Other New Lawn And Garden Machinery, Equipment, And Parts
Used Lawn And Garden Machinery, Equipment, And Parts
General-Purpose Industrial Machinery, Equipment, And Parts
Service Receipts And Labor Charges, Including Installed Parts
Labor Charges For Repair Work
Parts Installed In Repair Work
Other Service Receipts And Labor Charges
Receipts For Installing Equipment
Rental And Operating Lease Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||31%|
|Retail Sales Workers||12%|
|Counter and Rental Clerks and Parts Salespersons||10%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||16%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing||16%|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||18%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||32%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||26%|
|Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians and Mechanics||24%|
|Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians||23%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||8%|
Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|4 Rivers Equipment - AG|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Choosing ATVs and Other Off-Road Vehicles for the Farm - and we wanted to try our hand at growing grapes and planting a larger garden. To accomplish some of our goals, I knew I’d need to add some equipment and implements to the toolshed. I already owned an old Ford tractor, a disc, and a spring tooth ... (01/13/2018)
- Auction Directory - devices, cages, supplies. Viewing Sun ... JAN. 27 - 10 a.m. Farmers Market-farm & garden related. Tools & equipment, small caged animals, hay & straw. Indoor heated seating. Tri County Auction Center, Medora. SAT., FEB. 3 - 6 p.m. at Pope Auction ... (01/11/2018)
- Lot 3, 103 Echidna Lane, Lake MacDonald, Queensland 4563 - The attached machinery shed will protect your farm equipment and also includes a workshop ... each with gravity-fed concrete water trough. A high capacity bore supplies water of drinking quality and a large dam, replenished by Six Mile Creek which runs ... (01/03/2018)
- Fluegels Farm Garden & Pet - Promote your business through our innovative Marketplace system! It's free to sign up! As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post Bulletin. As published in the Rochester Post ... (12/06/2017)
- How Big Ag sowed the seeds of a profit-slashing glut - The question, amid historically high supplies and low grain prices, is whether the world really needs more corn. A global grains glut is now in its fourth year, with supplies bloated by favorable weather, increasingly high-tech farm practices and tougher ... (09/27/2017)
- Officials identify man killed in farm accident near Pilger, Nebraska - ... was working with a tractor and a piece of farm machinery Thursday when the machinery collapsed on him, causing fatal injuries. The accident occurred in a farm field about 6 miles southeast of Pilger. Pilger Fire and Rescue also responded to the scene. (09/04/2017)
- Possum Run Greenhouse closed, up for sale - All the machinery and equipment needed to run ... of Possum Run greenhouse business is wholesale, accounts that weren't harmed by a road closure. John Bletner will continue to operate his Clear Fork Valley Tree Farm on Rhinehart Road, cutting furniture ... (08/13/2017)
- Local employment in pot-connected businesses spike; other sectors see modest growth - Between 2004 and 2013, employment in fertilizer manufacturing increased by 118 percent; lawn and garden equipment and supply store employment grew by 136 percent, and farm supply and merchant wholesaler employment increased by 145 percent, according to Weaver. (07/12/2017)
- 2 Top Farm Stocks to Buy in 2017 - Which is why the strongest and most innovative farm stocks are the ones you want to own. Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) and Agrium Inc. (NYSE: AGU) both fit the bill as top farm stocks to buy in 2017 ... as autonomous machinery, precision in equipment control ... (05/23/2017)
- Busy times in agriculture world - Exhibitors include three tractor and farm machinery dealers, who also sell home and garden equipment and machinery ... will have all types of tack from saddles to bridles to grooming supplies. We also are hoping to have larger items, such as trailers ... (02/19/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,968,079 on Farm & Garden Machinery & Equipment Merchant Wholesalers. It has awarded 127 contracts to 94 companies, with an average value of $20,937 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Poultry equipment merchant wholesalers, Tractors, farm and garden, merchant wholesalers, Garden machinery and equipment merchant wholesalers, Lawn maintenance machinery and equipment merchant wholesalers, Land preparation machinery, agricultural, Frost protection machinery merchant wholesalers, Lawn mowers merchant wholesalers, Plows, farm, Agricultural machinery and equipment merchant wholesalers, Tillers, Agricultural implements merchant wholesalers, Conveying equipment, Haying machines merchant wholesalers, Cultivating machinery and equipment merchant wholesalers, Milking machinery and equipment merchant wholesalers, Spreaders, fertilizer, Snowblowers, household-type, Crop preparation machinery (e.g., cleaning, conditioning, drying) merchant wholesalers, Farm machinery and equipment merchant wholesalers, Irrigation equipment merchant wholesalers, Sprayers, farm-type, Feeders, animal, Harvesting machinery and equipment, agriculture, Planting machinery and equipment, Sprinklers, etc.