|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Food Product Machinery Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Food Product Machinery Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Food Product Machinery Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Food Product Machinery Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Food Product Machinery Manufacturing
Dairy And Milk Products Plant Machinery And Equipment (Excluding Bottling And Packaging)
Commercial Food Products Machinery (Excluding Packaging Machinery And Food Cooking And Warming Equipment)
Industrial Machinery And Equipment For Manufacturing Or Processing Foods, Beverages, And Animal And Fowl Feed, Including Parts A
Food Product Machinery Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Food Product Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Food Product Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Food Product Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Food Product Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Food Product Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Food Product Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Oliver Packaging & Equipment||9|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Market 2018 Global Trend, Segmentation and Opportunities Forecast To 2025 - Commercial Refrigeration Equipment are broadly used to prevent and avoid the spoilage of products such as food and beverages. They are generally utilized as a part of food manufacturing industries, grocery stores, hypermarkets, distribution centers ... (01/12/2018)
- South Africa's Manufacturing Production Climbs Further - (RTTNews) - South Africa's manufacturing production grew ... in November was mainly due to higher production of food and beverages, basic iron and steel, non-ferrous metal products, metal products and machinery. On a monthly basis, industrial production ... (01/11/2018)
- North America Poultry Processing Equipment Market Evolving Trends and Key Factors - Intensive R&D is being done by the major market players to develop new varieties of processed products ... equipment by processing equipment manufacturers. Marel HF , Key Technology, Inc., John Bean Technologies Corporation, CTB, Inc., Baader Food ... (01/10/2018)
- In November, the volume of industrial production was 3% greater in Estonia - In November, manufacturing production was 4% higher compared to the corresponding month of 2016. The growth in production was mostly due to an increase in the manufacture of wood products, food products, machinery, metal products and electrical equipment. (01/05/2018)
- Prince Castle Achieves ISO 9001:2015 Certification for Design, Manufacture and Servicing of Food Preparation Equipment - With its understanding and knowledge of the tight relationship between operational execution and product menu, Prince Castle optimizes both when it comes to developing kitchen equipment. Prince Castle operates additional manufacturing and distribution ... (01/04/2018)
- Nigeria’s Manufacturing Index Sustains Expansion for Nine Months - The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI ... cement; transportation equipment and paper products. Others were food, beverage and tobacco products; furniture and related products; plastics and rubber products; non-metallic mineral products ... (01/04/2018)
- Global Food Colors Market 2017-2021 - Market to Grow at a CAGR of 7.60% - Also, manufacturers of natural food colors need adequate and proper machinery to extract juice and color pigments from raw materials. Maintaining such equipment also adds to the overall production cost for the manufacturers. Thus, the overall process for ... (01/03/2018)
- Manufacturing industry in central U.S. faces its biggest challenge from abroad, survey finds - In 2017, regional manufacturers added 29,000 jobs ... Creighton University’s latest Mid-America Business Conditions Index indicates that makers of machinery and food products were increasingly optimistic about business growth in October. (01/03/2018)
- New products quicken pulse of business - Today, about 13,713 people are employed in 567 Lane County manufacturing firms, including wood products, metal fabrication, machinery, and food and beverage. Yet manufacturing plays an influential role in the local economy. The industry pays an average ... (01/02/2018)
- Research and Markets: Food Product Machinery Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. And Its International Trade 2011 -The Industry's Revenue for the Year 2010 Was Approximately $4 ... - LLC's new report "Food Product Machinery Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition]" to their offering. The Food Product Machinery Manufacturing Industry report contains the most recent data and analysis on the industry's ... (04/12/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,452,554 on Food Product Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 292 contracts to 73 companies, with an average value of $74,693 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Condensed and evaporated milk machinery manufacturing, Oilseed crushing and extracting machinery manufacturing, Butter processing machinery manufacturing, Cider presses manufacturing, Brewery machinery manufacturing, Dough mixing machinery (i.e., food manufacturing-type) manufacturing, Cheese processing machinery manufacturing, Bakery ovens manufacturing, Malt milling machinery manufacturing, Dry milk processing machinery manufacturing, Grading, cleaning, and sorting machinery (i.e., Pasta making machinery (i.e., Food dehydrating equipment (except household-type) manufacturing, Sugar refining machinery manufacturing, Grain milling machinery manufacturing, Cream separators, industrial, manufacturing, Confectionery machinery manufacturing, Juice extractors (i.e., Food choppers, grinders, mixers, and slicers (i.e., Roasting machinery manufacturing, Sieves and screening equipment (i.e., Chewing gum machinery manufacturing, Slicing machinery (i.e., Peanut roasting machines (i.e., Bread slicing machinery manufacturing, Stuffer, sausage machinery, Presses (i.e., Flour milling machinery manufacturing, Ice cream making machinery manufacturing, Cracker making machinery manufacturing, Pasteurizing equipment, food, Meat grinders, food-type, Bakery machinery and equipment manufacturing, Milk processing (except farm-type) machinery manufacturing, Distilling equipment, beverage, Coffee roasting and grinding machinery (i.e., Ovens, bakery, Chocolate processing machinery manufacturing, Homogenizing machinery, Vegetable oil processing machinery manufacturing, Corn popping machinery (i.e., Sifting machine (i.e., etc.