Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing
Semiconductor Machinery (Excluding Furnaces And Ovens, Instruments, And Photographics)
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Sector spotlight: Record growth of semiconductor market good sign for industrial robot manufacturers - The equipment industry surpassed revenue levels last reached in the year 2000. Semiconductor manufacturing equipment posted sales of nearly $56 billion and semiconductor materials $48 billion in 2017. For semiconductor equipment, this was a “giant” 36 ... (01/12/2018)
- Kateeva Names Semiconductor Industry Executive May Su As Chief Marketing Officer - Jan. 11, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Kateeva, a market leader in inkjet deposition equipment solutions for OLED display manufacturing, today announced that it has named May Su as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). A seasoned semiconductor industry executive ... (01/11/2018)
- PV manufacturing capacity expansion announcements collapse in Q3 2017 - Mark Osborne has nearly three decades of experience in covering both the semiconductor and photovoltaics ... high-volume production-sized manufacturing tools and high levels of automation, and specialized testing equipment, designed to support its next ... (01/11/2018)
- Nova Launches Breakthrough Machine Learning Software to Enhance Modelling Capabilities - Nova (NVMI), a leading innovator and a key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing, today launched its NOVAFit engine, which enhances traditional modelling capabilities with advanced machine learning ... (01/10/2018)
- BRIEF-TSMC Orders Equipment For T$1.2 Billion From Super Micro Computer - Jan 9 (Reuters) - Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd : * SAYS IT ORDERS EQUIPMENT FOR T$1.2 BILLION ($40.55 million) Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: ($1 = 29.5960 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom) Our Standards ... (01/09/2018)
- Learn details of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market - Top Vendors in Global Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market are Adams Lithographing, Am Lithography Corporation, Asml Holdings N.V., Canon, Energetiq Technology Inc, Ev Group, GigaphotonInc, Inpria, Jeol, Mapper Lithography, Nikon & Nil Technology ... (01/09/2018)
- EUV Lithography Finally Ready for Chip Manufacturing - The giant machine garnering all this attention is an extreme ultraviolet lithography tool. For more than a decade, the semiconductor-manufacturing industry has been alternately hoping EUV can save Moore’s Law and despairing that the technology will never ... (01/08/2018)
- How Artificial Intelligence Could Change Semiconductor Industry - That could drive capital spending and create an opportunity for SME (semiconductor manufacturing equipment) suppliers. Thus, AI chips could create an opportunity for both chipmakers and SME suppliers. As we move to a data-centric world, everything could ... (01/05/2018)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Sells Shanghai Chip Testing Center Assets - The assets include machinery and business information. Semiconductor Manufacturing International (Shanghai) will record a gain of about $16.53 million before taxes from the sale, the company said in a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange on Tuesday. (01/03/2018)
- 3D Machine Vision Market Analysis by Components, by Application, by End Users, Global Industry Forecast to 2022 - Robots in the manufacturing process also takes help of ... MRFR Analysis and are at the forefront of competition in the global 3d machine vision market. Automotive, Electronics and Semiconductor, Healthcare, Food and Packaging among others and offers ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,081,209 on Semiconductor Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 101 contracts to 45 companies, with an average value of $68,471 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Etching equipment, semiconductor, manufacturing, Semiconductor assembly and packaging machinery manufacturing, Thin layer deposition equipment, Wafer processing equipment, Micro-lithography equipment, Surface mount machinery for making printed circuit boards manufacturing, Semiconductor making machinery manufacturing, etc.