|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Industrial Machinery Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Industrial Machinery Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Industrial Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Industrial Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Industrial Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Industrial Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Industrial Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Industrial Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Valeo North America||635|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Keller Technology Corporation Selected By PostProcess Technologies As Contract Manufacturing Partner - PPT, also located in Buffalo, is a leading provider of automated, intelligent solutions for post-processing of 3D printed parts, while KTC specializes in custom automated equipment and industrial contract manufacturing services. Post Process Technologies ... (01/15/2018)
- Fish processing equipment market woth 5.20% CAGR by 2022 according to new research report - Other Prominent Vendors in the market are: Arcos, Arenco, Cabinplant, Chungha Machinery, Cretel, Curio, GEA Group, IRL-Industrial Refrigeration ... Traust, Trifisk Manufacturing, Uni-Food Technic, Valka, VARLET, and Velfag. Filleting and Skinning Equipment ... (01/15/2018)
- A Machine Beat Me at Scrabble, and Other Observations From A Very Robot CES - “Currently its application is more in the manufacturing sector,” Chloe Chen, a booth attendant for Industrial Technology Research Institute ... like me into learning about a piece of factory machinery. But it was also a practice that seemed ... (01/14/2018)
- Lewis Machine relocating gun manufacturing to Eldridge - Huddled along the construction site in the Eldridge Industrial Park, Lewis Machine & Tool Co. celebrated the launch Friday of the company's new firearms manufacturing plant and headquarters. A handful of company leaders joined Eldridge city officials ... (01/12/2018)
- Industrial Hand Protection Gloves Market 2017: Key Players Towa Corporation, Shamrock Manufacturing Company Inc - The concept for Personal Protective Equipment has evolved over time and has gained a ... the market for Protective Gloves is going to witness a significant boost. The market for Industrial Hand Protection Gloves is projected to grow at a CAGR of about ... (01/12/2018)
- LEC introduces major innovation in Industrial Internet of Things - “Working in partnership with top national network carriers and the best hardware providers, LEC’s iQ2 enables cutting-edge IIoT platform technology on the plant floor, for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and any industrial remote assets ... (01/12/2018)
- Melton Machine’s Expansion - All city utilities are at the site, which is across Highway 100 from Computech Manufacturing Company ... Most of the industrial development in recent years in this area has been by existing companies. Melton Machine & Control Company was founded by ... (01/11/2018)
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and the Future of Manufacturing, Forecast to 2021 - Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) can be leveraged to transform the production aspect and future potential of the automotive manufacturing business ... order to amalgamate different technologies like machine learning, Big Data, sensor data, machine ... (01/11/2018)
- Global Industrial Machine Vision Market 2017-2023: Growing Demand for Application-Specific Machine Vision Systems Driving the $12 Billion Industry - Also, deep learning-based machine vision software helps in minimizing human intervention and provide a real-time solution by distinguishing the acceptable variations in products and the defects in manufacturing industries. The PC-based industrial machine ... (01/11/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $236,862,497 on Industrial Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 7,847 contracts to 613 companies, with an average value of $386,399 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|