Gold Ore Mining Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Gold Ore Mining
Overview: the U.S. Gold Ore Mining Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Gold Ore Mining:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Gold Ore Mining Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Gold Ore Mining companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Gold Ore Mining company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Gold Ore Mining industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Gold Ore Mining measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||33%|
|Construction Trades Workers||12%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||6%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||6%|
|Mining Machine Operators||11%|
|Continuous Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||5%|
Gold Ore Mining Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- New report examines the global mining chemicals market that is estimated to be valued at USD 33.4 billion by the end of 2024 - Likely, increasing extraction activities of metal and minerals such as copper, gold and others is projected to foster the growth of mining chemical market. In addition to this, complex extraction process of the ores is also believed to augment the demand ... (01/10/2018)
- Capstone Mining 2017 Production Results and 2018 Operating and Capital Guidance - 88,692 315,810 263,285 1,000,313 29,994 170,809 - Gold (ounces) (2) 188 3,687 - - 3,112 25,205 Payable Copper Production (1) (tonnes) (in concentrate and cathode) 15,611 55,392 4,084 16,076 2,905 15,800 Mine - Ore (tonnes) - 5,346,957 20,605,344 ... (01/10/2018)
- Premier Gold Mine and Barrick Gold Sign Comprehensive Nevada-focused Agreement - Bulk Sample Toll Milling Processing Agreement Barrick will process, at a pre-arranged price, up to 120,000 tons of refractory ore (at a campaign or blended ... for definition drilling and potential test-mining prior to completing a full feasibility study. (01/10/2018)
- First Mining Announces New Strategy, Name Change and Appoints New Chief Executive Officer - VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Mining Finance Corp ... intervals of significant gold mineralization. Drilling continued into the winter with deep holes to test the ore body at depth, and in 2018, the Company will ... (01/10/2018)
- Beautiful gold jewelry comes from recycled computer motherboards - Considering how environmentally damaging mining is (not to mention the human toll ... When you think about the fact that there is 800x more gold in a ton of motherboards than a ton of ore from the earth, you start to realize the enormous opportunity ... (01/09/2018)
- These Rings Are Made From Gold Salvaged From E-Waste - It usually comes from open pit mines, where miners blast rocks with dynamite, drill, crush the ore, and use chemicals to strip out tiny amounts of gold. A typical wedding ring may generate 20 tons of mine waste, which is sometimes dumped into rivers. (01/09/2018)
- GoldFields Ghana clarifies decision on contract mining - GoldFields Ghana Limited (GFGL), operator of the Tarkwa gold mine, has clarified the misconception about its ... and undertake the high cost waste stripping to expose more ore for operational sustainability. Only then can the life-of-mine be extended.” (01/09/2018)
- Continental Gold Produces 59% more Gold from Trial Mining Stope Ore Milled at Yaraguá Compared to Block Model Estimate - (1) Estimated using final stope design. “Both gold grades and ounces produced continue to consistently reconcile better than estimates for the Buriticá project and we are hopeful that it is a harbinger of what to expect from commercial production once ... (01/08/2018)
- Watch artists turn a toxic abandoned mining facility into a powerful environmental message - Their latest repurposes a gold ore processing facility on the Mojave National Preserve ... structures into ominous symbols of the death and destruction caused by the gold mining industry, they were able to line up some eco-frienly options for the spray ... (01/08/2018)
- Auplata assesses its mining assets on its sites - Auplata (Euronext Growth - FR0010397760 - ALAUP), the leading publicly listed French gold producer, has announced that it ... on mineral resources and reserves -- and which takes the mining and ore treatment studies into account. This study drew on ... (01/04/2018)
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bullion, gold, produced at the mine, Sylvanite mining and/or beneficiating, Gold ore mining and/or beneficiating plants, Calaverite mining and/or beneficiating, Gold placer mining and/or beneficiating, Telluride (gold) mining and/or beneficiating, Placer gold mining and/or beneficiating, Gold lode mining and/or beneficiating, Lode gold mining and/or beneficiating, Gold ore mine site development for own account, Gold ores, concentrates, bullion, and/or precipitates mining and/or beneficiating, etc.