|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Ore Mining
Overview of the U.S. Metal Ore Mining IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Metal Ore Mining: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Ore Mining Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Ore Mining companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Ore Mining company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Ore Mining industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Ore Mining measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||33%|
|Construction Trades Workers||12%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||6%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||6%|
|Mining Machine Operators||11%|
|Continuous Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||21%|
|Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||5%|
Metal Ore Mining Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Kennecott Utah Copper||18|
|Outdoor Channel Holdings|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Wheaton Precious Metals Announces New Precious Metals Purchase Agreement with First Majestic in Conjunction with Primero's Sale of the San Dimas Mine - VANCOUVER, Jan. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ - Wheaton Precious Metals™ Corp. ("Wheaton" or the "Company ... First Majestic Silver Corp. ("First Majestic") will acquire Primero Mining Corp. ("Primero") pursuant to a plan of arrangement (the "Arrangement"). (01/12/2018)
- Australia shares rise as supply concerns support iron ore firms; utilities lift NZ - Spot iron ore rose 1 percent to its strongest level in nearly five months overnight, boosted by the possibility of supply tightening due to threat from a tropical cyclone in Australia. Australia's metals and mining index climbed as much as 2 pct to its ... (01/12/2018)
- Mining Waste Management Market Worth 233.56 Billion Tons by 2022 - Tailings mining waste is widely generated during the production and exploration of thermal coal, iron ore, copper and coking coal, and other metals & minerals. The demand for coal from power & energy sector is increasing, along with the demand for various ... (01/11/2018)
- Mining supporters sue Dayton over Twin Metals land access - Twin Metals supporters, he said, are "trying to stop a study they know will show that sulfide-ore copper mining near the Boundary Waters poses an unacceptable risk to this priceless wilderness." (01/10/2018)
- New report examines the global mining chemicals market that is estimated to be valued at USD 33.4 billion by the end of 2024 - Likely, increasing extraction activities of metal and minerals such as copper, gold and others is projected to foster the growth of mining chemical market. In addition to this, complex extraction process of the ores is also believed to augment the demand ... (01/10/2018)
- Australian iron ore export growth to slow, lower prices to hit revenue: government - "Australia's major iron ore suppliers are highly cost competitive and are expected to displace higher cost and lower quality Chinese mining operations," the report ... Australian producers such as Fortescue Metals Group, and miners in India, have suffered ... (01/08/2018)
- METALS-London copper edges off 2-wk low as dollar supports - FUNDAMENTALS * LONDON COPPER: London Metal Exchange copper had cut early gains to sit ... industrial pollution and a cooling property market. * M&A: Coal and iron ore dominated mining takeovers in 2017, Thomson Reuters data shows, with buyers favouring ... (01/08/2018)
- Feds OK Wilderness Mining Lease - Why did you propose to stop heavy metals mining there? MCCOLLUM ... And the bill that you refer to in 2015 just prohibited this sulfur ore mining which we know is the most toxic industry for mining in the United States. They pollute waterways with acid ... (01/05/2018)
- Coal dwarfs battery metals in mining deals despite war on pollution - Demand for metals used in making batteries ... just ahead of China’s $18.8 billion as Coral Pearl International Ltd bought Iron Ore Mining International from neighboring Mongolia and a Chinese investor group snapped up Huaibei Mining Co Ltd at home. (01/05/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $19,224 on Metal Ore Mining. It has awarded 2 contracts to 2 companies, with an average value of $9,612 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.