|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Historical Sites
Overview: the U.S. Historical Sites Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Historical Sites:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Historical Sites industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Admissions To Cultural Institutions
Admissions To - Historic Sites
Guided Tours And Educative Services
Meals And Beverages, Prepared And Served Or Dispensed, For Immediate Consumption
Rental Of Non-Residential Space In Buildings Or Other Facilities
Other Rental Of Non-Residential Space In Buildings Or Other Facilities
Resale Of Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Government
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private
Investment Income, Including Interest And Dividends
All Other Revenue
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Historical Sites company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Historical Sites industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Historical Sites measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||14%|
|Librarians, Curators, and Archivists||9%|
|Archivists, Curators, and Museum Technicians||8%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||5%|
|Protective Service Occupations||5%|
|Security Guards and Gaming Surveillance Officers||5%|
|Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Occupations||6%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||20%|
|Tour and Travel Guides||9%|
|Tour and Travel Guides||9%|
|Tour Guides and Escorts||9%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||10%|
|Retail Sales Workers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
Historical Sites Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- MN Landmarks Lit Purple For Vikings - The City of Minneapolis is going to have a very purple look this weekend as the Minnesota Vikings get ready for the NFC Divisional Playoffs. The Vikings host the New Orleans Saints Sunday afternoon, with the winner advancing to the NFC title game. (01/13/2018)
- Allowing constructions around protected monuments could wreak havoc on historical sites - In a country with as rich a history as India, the protection of monuments and sites of archaeological importance should be a priority. But the amendment to the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act (AMSAR), which was passed in the Lok ... (01/12/2018)
- The Zamani Project Conserves African Historical Sites with 3D Modeling - For decades, astrologists have tried to figure out different ways to conserve the history of our planet. The Zamani Project, based in South Africa at the University of Cape Town (UCT), has set out to create 3D models using data to capture historical ... (01/11/2018)
- 'The Queen lives at Downton Abbey and Land's End is a place in Game of Thrones': Study reveals Brits are boggled by locations of UK tourist landmarks - Britain is filled with historical landmarks and buildings that have foreign tourists flocking to the UK. But it appears that its Brits themselves who are often left boggled by the geography of their own country with some not having any clue where the best ... (01/11/2018)
- Clinton Hill church repairs pitched alongside new Morris Adjmi tower at landmarks - The Landmarks Preservation Commission saw a proposal on Tuesday for a 312-foot residential building along Atlantic Avenue between Vanderbilt and Clinton avenues. The project isn’t within a landmark district but came before the commission because it would ... (01/10/2018)
- Dubai landmarks given Star Wars touches - The artist went to two of Dubai's noted landmarks - Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab - to incorporate a Stars Wars theme to conicide with the release of 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi.' The artist went to two of Dubai's noted landmarks - Burj Khalifa and Burj Al ... (01/10/2018)
- Two Birmingham landmarks to undergo repairs, renovations - The Birmingham City Council has approved repairs and renovations for two local attractions. On Tuesday, the Council voted in favor of $1,006,400 in emergency repairs to Rickwood Field. The ballpark closed last year due to structural issues, which resulted ... (01/09/2018)
- IIT Kharagpur Course To Rediscover Technique Used In Making Ancient Landmarks - Kolkata: The IIT Kharagpur has embarked on a course to rediscover the technique used in building ancient Indian landmarks such as the Dilwara Jain temple or the Kailasa temple of Ellora caves. Such ancient structures are marvels of architecture built from ... (01/07/2018)
- Landmarks board OKs renovation of Dr. Oz house in Palm Beach - Plans call for interior renovations to meet the needs of a modern family, project architect Tom Kirchhoff said. A garage also will be demolished to make room for a new garage and guest home with views of the pool area. “You have made this practically ... (01/05/2018)
- We ventured outside during New York City's 'bomb cyclone' — and saw some of the city's iconic landmarks covered in snow - New York City was hit on Thursday with a bomb — a coldbomb, that is. Meteorologists call it a "bomb cyclone." It basically means a storm occurring outside of the tropics, whose central pressure falls at least 24 millibars over a 24-hour period. (01/05/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $6,583,007 on Historical Sites. It has awarded 54 contracts to 21 companies, with an average value of $313,477 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Battlefields, Pioneer villages, Historical forts, Historical ships, Historical sites, Archeological sites (i.e., public display), Heritage villages, etc.