|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
In-Vitro Diagnostic Substances Manufacturing
In-Vitro Diagnostic Substances
Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
Analytical And Scientific Instruments, Excluding Optical
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||16%|
|Chemists and Materials Scientists||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||26%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Roche Diabetes Care|
|Alere North America|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Binding Site Now Offers Bordetella pertussis Antigens for IVD Manufacturing & Research Applications - San Diego, CA — Binding Site’s Immunologicals Group is pleased to announce the addition of three (3) new Bordetella pertussis (VZV) antigens to its broad offering of products for in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) manufacturing and research applications. (01/17/2018)
- Facing 21st Century Public Health Threats: Our Nation's Preparedness and Response Capabilities, Part I - The Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2013 (PAHPRA), in particular, recognized the key role the Food and Drug Administration (FDA ... seeking to validate candidate multiplex in vitro diagnostic tests that could be used to ... (01/17/2018)
- Worldwide Microfluidic Devices Market and is Expected to Reach $13.24 Billion and CAGR 19.7% By 2024 - and in-vitro diagnostic industry. Furthermore, increasing awareness regarding the importance of controlled drug delivery is likely to add fuel to the global microfluidic devices market growth. Get a sample report at https://www.marketresearchfuture.com ... (01/16/2018)
- To boost array of health-focused staff, Siemens Healthineers hosts Jan. 18 job fair - Innovative solutions from Siemens Healthineers cover all major segments of the in vitro diagnostics industry, including lab automation/diagnostics IT, clinical chemistry, immunoassay, hematology, hemostasis, drug testing, plasma proteins and infectious ... (01/07/2018)
- Genfit : Reaches a Critical Milestone towards the Development of a Non-Invasive In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Test for NASH - diabetologists and hepatologists to support their diagnosis including decision to treat a patient with an anti-NASH drug. As part of the industrial phase for the development of a new In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) test, GENFIT intends to partner with a major ... (06/23/2017)
- GENFIT Reaches a Critical Milestone towards the Development of a Non-Invasive In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Test for NASH - GENFIT Reaches a Critical Milestone towards the Development of a Non-Invasive ... to support their diagnosis including decision to treat a patient with an anti-NASH drug. As part of the industrial phase for the development of a new In Vitro Diagnostic ... (06/23/2017)
- Report: Reforms needed to address medical diagnostic errors - Get the full story at our sister site, Drug Delivery Business News. […] A group of manufacturing services companies ... US Food and Drug Administration explains requirements for in vitro diagnostic manufacturers to register for premarket notification ... (09/22/2015)
- DCGI planning guidance documents for regulating in-vitro diagnostic devices - The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) is planning to make and issue guidance documents for regulation of in-vitro diagnostic devices and regents for grant of manufacturing licences by state licencing authority with a view to bring uniformity in the ... (11/16/2012)
- Research and Markets: 2010 U.S. in-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing Industry Report - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7bdbe0/2010_u_s_invitro) has announced the addition of the "2010 U.S. In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing Industry Report" report to their offering. (07/26/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $184,699,470 on In-Vitro Diagnostic Substance Manufacturing. It has awarded 4,677 contracts to 256 companies, with an average value of $721,482 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
HIV test kits manufacturing, Blood glucose test kits manufacturing, Coagulation in-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, Microbiology, virology, and serology in-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, In-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, Pregnancy test kits manufacturing, Hormone in-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, Enzyme and isoenzyme in-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, Viral in-vitro diagnostic test substances manufacturing, Blood derivative in-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, Cytology and histology in-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, Hematology in-vitro diagnostic substances manufacturing, Diagnostic substances, in-vitro, manufacturing, etc.