|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Medicinal And Botanical Manufacturing
Synthetic Organic Medicinal Chemicals (All Uses), Medicinal And Botanical Drugs, Chemicals, And Products, In Bulk, Alkaloid Drug
Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing
Pharmaceutical Preparations, Acting On The Central Nervous System And The Sense Organs, For Human Use
Pharmaceutical Preparations, Acting On The Cardiovascular System, For Human Use
Pharmaceutical Preparations, Acting On The Respiratory System, For Human Use
Pharmaceutical Preparations, Acting On Skin, For Human Use
Pharmaceutical Preparations, Vitamin, Nutrient, And Hematinic Preparations, For Human Use
Pharmaceutical Preparations, Affecting Parasitic And Infective Diseases, For Human Use (Excluding Diagnostics)
Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Biological Product (Except Diagnostic) Manufacturing
Other Biologics, Excluding Diagnostic, For Human Use
Toilet Preparation Manufacturing
Creams, Lotions And Oils, Excluding Shaving, Hair, And Deodorant
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||16%|
|Chemists and Materials Scientists||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||26%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Bayer Pharma Aktiengesellschaft||332|
|MSD Consumer Care||314|
|Johnson & Johnson Consumer|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- SUNY Oneonta scientist invents quicker, cleaner chemical method - Bennett patented her method in 2014 for making imines, compounds frequently used in the pharmaceutical, agrichemical, fine chemical, plastics manufacturing and household ... costs much less than traditional imine preparation. Bennett was named 2016 ... (01/10/2018)
- The global drug discovery informatics market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.2% - On the basis of function, the drug discovery informatics market is divided into sequencing and target data analysis, docking, molecular modeling, libraries & database preparation ... Established pharmaceutical industry with the presence of leading ... (01/09/2018)
- Radient Technologies Inc. Provides Corporate Update and Announces Real Estate Expansion - From its 20,000 square foot manufacturing plant in Edmonton, Alberta, Radient serves market leaders in industries that include pharmaceutical, food, beverage, natural health and personal care markets. Visit www.radientinc.com for more information. (01/09/2018)
- Alland & Robert Introduces Karaya Gum to the Food Industry - Karaya gum is a natural and vegetal ingredient that can be used for many food and pharmaceutical applications. Alland & Robert, a French company founded 134 years ago and the international leader in Karaya gum manufacturing, has developed a method of ... (01/09/2018)
- Research details developments in the drug discovery informatics market report - Click now for more Details, Queries, Other Information on this study “Drug Discovery Informatics Market by Function (Target Data, Sequencing Data Analysis, Molecular Docking, Library Preparation), Solution (Software, Services), End User (Pharmaceutical ... (01/05/2018)
- Pharmaceutical Excipients Market – Expected to Reach US$ 5,094.2 Mn by 2021 - However, the situation is expected to improve over the next few years, with individual economies formulating their own good manufacturing and good distribution practice guidelines in collaboration with the International Pharmaceutical Excipient Council. (01/04/2018)
- Are You Ready For The Future Of Biopharma Manufacturing? - Currently, the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry is still entering the stage ... These interactions then continue to provide regulatory feedback and facilitate the preparation of a regulatory submission. Across races, females are earning more ... (12/07/2017)
- Research and Markets: Comprehensive Research on Pharmaceutical Company "Allergan, Inc and the U.S. Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing Industry - DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a52f1f/allergan_inc_and) has announced the addition of the "Allergan, Inc. and the U.S. Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing Industry" company profile to ... (12/19/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $9,954,982,261 on Pharmaceutical Preparation Manufacturing. It has awarded 14,814 contracts to 370 companies, with an average value of $26,905,357 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Antibiotic preparations manufacturing, Hormone preparations (except in-vitro diagnostics) manufacturing, Dermatological preparations manufacturing, Thyroid preparations manufacturing, Barbiturate preparations manufacturing, Adrenal medicinal preparations manufacturing, Hematology in-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Nonprescription drug preparations manufacturing, Analgesic preparations manufacturing, Pituitary gland preparations manufacturing, Diagnostic biological preparations (except in-vitro) manufacturing, Angiourographic diagnostic preparations manufacturing, Vermifuge preparations manufacturing, Antineoplastic preparations manufacturing, Glandular medicinal preparations manufacturing, Antipyretic preparations manufacturing, Birth control pills manufacturing, Antibacterial preparations manufacturing, Botanical extract preparations (except in-vitro diagnostics) manufacturing, Water (i.e., drinking) decontamination or purification tablets manufacturing, Zinc oxide medicinal preparations manufacturing, Contraceptive preparations manufacturing, Antihistamine preparations manufacturing, Cold remedies manufacturing, Laxative preparations manufacturing, Fever remedy preparations manufacturing, Anesthetic preparations manufacturing, In-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Diuretic preparations manufacturing, Antispasmodic preparations manufacturing, Oral contraceptive preparations manufacturing, Antiseptic preparations manufacturing, Cyclopropane medicinal preparations manufacturing, Digitalis medicinal preparations manufacturing, Intravenous (IV) solution preparations manufacturing, Pharmaceutical preparations (e.g., capsules, liniments, ointments, tablets) manufacturing, Cardiac preparations manufacturing, Electrolyte in-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Radioactive in-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Iodinated in-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Contrast media in-vivo diagnostic substances (e.g., iodine, barium) manufacturing, Veterinary medicinal preparations manufacturing, Effervescent salts manufacturing, Barium in-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Digestive system preparations manufacturing, Belladonna preparations manufacturing, Technetium medicinal preparations manufacturing, Cathartic preparations manufacturing, Tincture of iodine preparations manufacturing, Cough drops, medicated, manufacturing, Suppositories manufacturing, Astringent preparations manufacturing, Cough medicines manufacturing, Penicillin preparations manufacturing, Coagulation in-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Antidepressant preparations manufacturing, Metabolite in-vivo diagnostic substances manufacturing, Central nervous system stimulant preparations manufacturing, Eye and ear preparations manufacturing, Mouthwashes, Tranquilizer preparations manufacturing, Sedative preparations manufacturing, Sodium salicylate preparations manufacturing, Sodium chloride pharmaceutical preparations manufacturing, Lip balms manufacturing, Antacid preparations manufacturing, Muscle relaxant preparations manufacturing, Insulin preparations manufacturing, Vitamin preparations manufacturing, Patent medicine preparations manufacturing, Nuclear medicine (e.g., radioactive isotopes) preparations manufacturing, Anthelmintic preparations manufacturing, etc.