|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
All Other Basic Organic Chemical Manufacturing
Medicinal And Botanical Manufacturing
Synthetic Organic Medicinal Chemicals (All Uses), Medicinal And Botanical Drugs, Chemicals, And Products, In Bulk, Alkaloid Drug
Toilet Preparation Manufacturing
Other Cosmetics And Toilet Preparations
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||8%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||16%|
|Chemists and Materials Scientists||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||26%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Life Support Development|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Factory output growth hits 17-month high of 8.4% in November - Manufacturing sector, which constitutes 77.63% of the IIP, recorded an impressive growth of 10.2% in November as compared to 4% a year ago. The industry group ‘Manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemical and botanical products’ has shown the ... (01/13/2018)
- Manufacturing lifts India's November factory output by 8pc - On a year-on-year basis, the manufacturing sector expanded by 10.2 per cent ... According to the data, the industry group 'manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal, chemical and botanical products' has shown the highest positive growth of 39.5 per ... (01/13/2018)
- Manufacturing lifts India's November factory output by 8% (Second Lead) - An exponential rise in the manufacturing output lifted India's factory ... According to the data, the industry group 'manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal, chemical and botanical products' has shown the highest positive growth of 39.5 per cent ... (01/12/2018)
- Toyota-Mazda plant announced in Alabama - Japanese automakers Toyota and Mazda have picked Alabama as the site of a new $1.6 billion joint-venture auto manufacturing plant, a person briefed on the decision said Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018. (AP Photo/Eugene Hoshiko, File) MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Japanese ... (01/10/2018)
- Square Pharmaceuticals begins constructing Kenya plant - Square Pharmaceuticals Kenya EPZ Ltd, a subsidiary of Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd (SPL), Bangladesh, on Monday started construction of its manufacturing plant in Nairobi through ... to fulfil the unmet demands of medicine in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi ... (01/10/2018)
- Kenya launches drugs manufacturing plant to ease imports - "The construction of a local pharmaceutical manufacturing plant will bring significant industrial benefits such as technology transfer and improve access to quality medicine to combat our rising disease burden," said Mohamed. He revealed that the plant to ... (01/08/2018)
- Drugs firm to pump Sh7.5 billion into new manufacturing plant at EPZ - Firm plans Sh7.5b drug plant at EPZ Local pharmaceutical ... tablets and 69 million bottles of liquid medicine annually Asian drug firm Square Pharmaceuticals plans to pump Sh7.5 billion into a new manufacturing plant that it is constructing at the export ... (01/08/2018)
- Medicinal cannabis producer AusCann says it's 'light years' ahead of competitors - Shares in companies associated with medicinal cannabis soared on Thursday ... is readying to bring in "the genetics" it needs, in the form of plant cuttings, so it can start growing and manufacturing. "We get all the genetics and have all the know how ... (01/08/2018)
- Square Pharma to build manufacturing plant in Kenya - The company also produces herbal products and pesticides. Over the last three decades, Bangladesh has developed a strong reputation in the pharmaceutical industry, manufacturing up to 97% of the drugs used locally. Square Pharmaceuticals says that the ... (01/07/2018)
- India is world's second largest exporter of herbal medicines after China - There will be 1,355 hospitals having a 53,296 bed capacity, 9,493 licensed manufacturing units ... The current valuation of the Indian herbal market is at Rs 5,000 crore with an annual growth of 14 percent. Attention student entrepreneurs! (01/07/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $354,655,361 on Medicinal & Botanical Manufacturing. It has awarded 14,370 contracts to 78 companies, with an average value of $4,546,864 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Strychnine and derivatives (i.e., basic chemicals) manufacturing, Procaine and derivatives (i.e., Ergot alkaloids (i.e., Barbiturates, uncompounded, manufacturing, Ephedrine and derivatives (i.e., Oils, vegetable and animal, medicinal, Enzyme proteins (i.e., basic synthetic chemicals), pharmaceutical use, Codeine and derivatives (i.e., Fish liver oils, Hypnotic drugs, Physostigmine and derivatives (i.e., Morphine and derivatives (i.e., Cephalosporin, Amphetamines, Anticonvulsants, Cinchona and derivatives (i.e., Adrenal derivatives, Opium and opium derivatives (i.e., Tetracycline, Barbituric acid manufacturing, Magnesia, Insulin, Glandular derivatives, Brucine manufacturing, Glycosides, Steroids, Hormones and derivatives, Ascorbic acid (i.e., vitamin C), Acetylsalicylic acid manufacturing, N-methylpiperazine manufacturing, Antibiotics, Penicillin, Salicylic acid, Quinine and derivatives (i.e., Cod liver oil, Medicinal chemicals, Anesthetics, Vitamins, Cocaine and derivatives (i.e., Concentrated medicinal chemicals, Atropine and derivatives manufacturing, Vegetable alkaloids (i.e., basic chemicals) (e.g., caffeine, codeine, morphine, nicotine), Anticholinergics, Nicotine and derivatives (i.e., Agar-agar grinding manufacturing, Endocrine products, Grinding and milling botanicals (i.e., for medicinal use), Antidepressants, Caffeine and derivatives (i.e., Sulfonamides, Pituitary gland derivatives, Reserpines (i.e., Ophthalmic agents, Theobromine and derivatives (i.e., Digitoxin, Herbal supplements manufacturing, Sulfa drugs, Cortisone, etc.