|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Industrial Valve Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Industrial Valve Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Industrial Valve Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Industrial Valve Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Industrial Valve Manufacturing
Gates, Globes, Angles, Straightway (Y-Type) Check, Stop And Check, Cross, 3- And 4-Way.
Industrial Ball Valves (All Metals, Pressures, And Types), Including Manual And Power-Operated, On-Off Valves
Industrial Butterfly Valves (All Metals, Pressures, And Types), Including Manual And Power-Operated, On-Off Valves
All Other Miscellaneous Industrial Valves
Automatic Regulating And Control Valves And Parts (Excluding Nuclear), Power-Operated, Designed For Modulating (Throttling) Serv
Industrial Valve Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Metal Valve And Pipe Fitting Manufacturing
Plumbing And Heating Valves And Specialties, Excluding Plumbers' Brass Goods
Metal Fittings, Flanges, And Unions For Piping Systems
Pump And Pumping Equipment Manufacturing
Industrial Pumps, Including Value Of Drivers (Excluding Hydraulic Fluid Power Pumps, Automotive Circulating Pumps, And Measuring
Process Control Instruments
Instruments And Related Products Manufacturing For Measuring, Displaying, And Controlling Industrial Process Variables
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Industrial Valve Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Industrial Valve Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Industrial Valve Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Industrial Valve Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Industrial Valve Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||30%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
Industrial Valve Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Applied Industrial (AIT) to Buy FCX Performance for $768M - The company distributes highly engineered instruments, valves, pumps, as well as lifecycle services to the Original Equipment Manufacturing and Maintenance, Repair and Operations customers of different process and industrial end-markets. Customers are able ... (01/10/2018)
- Report explores the industrial valves market - and rising demand for automation from manufacturing and process industries for predictive maintenance and monitoring. According to the new market research report on the "Industrial Valves Market by Material Type (Cast Iron, Steel, Cryogenic, Alloy Based ... (01/09/2018)
- CGIS Surges Forward with DSS Valves - (MENAFN Editorial) Today marks the start of the relationship between Vancouver based industrial valve distribution ... With each part of the manufacturing process occurring on North American soil, DSS Valves currently produces two main valve designs ... (01/06/2018)
- Robust Apprenticeship Program Key To Germany's Manufacturing Might - Apprentice industrial clerk Henrik Tillmann assembles a valve for a commercial aircraft galley kitchen ... John Ydstie This is the second of three reports from NPR's John Ydstie on Germany's manufacturing strength. Manufacturing accounts for nearly a ... (01/04/2018)
- Global Passenger Vehicle Engine Exhaust Valve Market Size, Growth and Comparison by Regions, Types and Applications - Global Passenger Vehicle Engine Exhaust Valve Market Research Report 2017 ... Profiles/Analysis 8 Passenger Vehicle Engine Exhaust Valve Manufacturing Cost Analysis 9 Industrial Chain, Sourcing Strategy and Downstream Buyers We aim to provide the best ... (01/01/2018)
- Recasting additive manufacturing in the foundry - Additive manufacturing (AM) was briefly heralded as a modern replacement ... who required around 1,000 hydraulic valve cores for a piece of machinery. This particular part had been sent around to several foundries who were unable to accept the challenging ... (12/30/2017)
- Global Cast Iron Industrial Valve Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - Global Cast Iron Industrial Valve Industry 2017 Market Research Report provides the details about Industry Overview, Manufacturing Cost Structure, Capacity, Growth Rate, Gross Margin, Major Manufacturers, Development Trends and Forecast Analysis. (11/28/2017)
- Valve in operation on tailings line for four years - Delta Industrial Valves was founded in 1987 and the company began designing and manufacturing high-quality knife gate valves in 1989. At the time, the company recognised the urgent market demand for a superior knife gate valve. The company is an ... (08/05/2016)
- Research and Markets: The Industrial Valve Manufacturing Industry's Revenue for the Year 2009 Was Approximately $9.4 Billion USD, With an Estimated Gross Profit Of 37.14%. - LLC's new report "Industrial Valve Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2010 Edition]" to their offering. Definition & Classification This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing industrial ... (09/01/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $59,535,323 on Industrial Valve Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,654 contracts to 517 companies, with an average value of $115,155 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cross valves, industrial-type, manufacturing, Nuclear application valves manufacturing, Safety (i.e., pop-off) valves, Control valves, Gate valves, Pressure control valves (except fluid power), Valves, industrial-type (e.g., check, gate, globe, relief, safety), Steam traps, Plug valves, Solenoid valves (except fluid power), Valves for water works and municipal water systems manufacturing, Globe valves, Straightway (i.e., Y-type) valves, Stop valves, Automatic (i.e., controlling-type, regulating) valves, Angle valves, Compressed gas cylinder valves manufacturing, Butterfly valves, Boiler gauge cocks, Fire hydrants, complete, Sampling station manufacturing, Valves for nuclear applications manufacturing, Fire hydrant valves manufacturing, Ball valves, Gas valves, Thermostatic traps, Check valves, Flushing hydrant manufacturing, Waterworks and municipal water system valves manufacturing, etc.