Janitorial Services Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Janitorial Services
Overview: the U.S. Janitorial Services Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Janitorial Services:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Janitorial Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Residential Interior Cleaning Services
Commercial Cleaning Services
Janitorial And Custodial Services
Hotel And Hospitality Industry Housekeeping Services
General Cleaning Services For Public And Private Offices
General Cleaning Services For Hospitals And Doctors' Offices
Other Commercial Or Industrial Cleaning
Exterior Window Cleaning Services
Building Exterior Cleaning Services
Damage Restoration Cleaning Services
Hard Surface Floor Care Services
Carpet, Rug, And Upholstery Cleaning Services
Carpet, Rug, And Upholstery Cleaning - On-Site, Including Curtains And Drapes - Residential
Carpet, Rug, And Upholstery Cleaning - On-Site, Including Curtains And Drapes - Commercial
Other Cleaning Services For Buildings And Dwellings
Other Cleaning Services
Commercial Landscaping Services
Commercial - Exterior Landscaping Services - Grass Cutting And Grooming Services
Resale Of Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Janitorial Services Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Janitorial Services companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Janitorial Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Janitorial Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Janitorial Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Occupations||85%|
|Supervisors of Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|Building Cleaning and Pest Control Workers||52%|
|Building Cleaning Workers||48%|
|Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||41%|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||6%|
|Grounds Maintenance Workers||28%|
|Grounds Maintenance Workers||28%|
|Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers||25%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||5%|
Janitorial Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Coverall North America|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Vancouver nonprofit Innovative Services NW receives 50 refurbished computers - Innovative Services NW works with more than 1,700 children and adults through its programs, which include pediatric therapy, employment services, an early learning center and a janitorial program. The Vancouver-based nonprofit was established in 1963. (01/10/2018)
- Local Johnson County Business Earns Distinction as a Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval Service Provider - The Seal identifies cleaning companies that distinguish themselves by committing to a high standard of service and customer satisfaction. Johnson County Chem-Dry is currently the only Carpet and Tile Cleaning Service Provider to hold this distinction in ... (01/09/2018)
- At Your Service Cleaning Group Provides Its Customers with Service of Electrostatic System, Providing an Additional Layer of Protection Against Germs - SARASOTA, Fla., Jan. 8, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- At Your Service Cleaning Group is proud to announce our latest effort in helping our customers fight harmful germs that can have severe impacts on businesses and community members. The Clorox ® Total ... (01/08/2018)
- A yearlong guide to house cleaning, starting with the January declutter - Service and winterize outdoor equipment ... Clean the oven. Use the self-cleaning feature, and if that doesn't do the trick, Nystul puts a pot of hot water on one rack and a cup of ammonia on another rack. She lets it sit overnight in a preheated (and ... (01/06/2018)
- Man Spends Free Time Cleaning Old Tombstones And They Look Amazing When He’s Done - Cleaning them up is his way of preserving the memory of those ... He especially likes to clean the gravestones of veterans, making sure their service does not get forgotten by people visiting the cemetery. “They were forgotten. I couldn’t properly ... (01/05/2018)
- BUILDING CLEANING SERVICES AT AUTHORITY TERMINALS AND FACILITIES AT LOGAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, EAST BOSTON - The MASSACHUSETTS PORT AUTHORITY (“THE AUTHORITY”) is requesting qualification statements for BUILDING CLEANING SERVICES AT AUTHORITY TERMINALS AND FACILITIES AT LOGAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, EAST BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS (“LOGAN”). The Authority is ... (01/03/2018)
- Civil aircraft cleaning and detailing services industry report for 2018 made available by top research firm - Firstly, this report focuses on price, sales, revenue and growth rate of each type, as well as the types and each type price of key manufacturers, through interviewing key manufacturers. Second on basis of segments by manufacturers, this report focuses on ... (01/03/2018)
- OfficePro buys out Elkhorn janitorial supplier - Janesville office products supplier and service company OfficePro announced Tuesday it has bought out a longtime Elkhorn janitorial supply company. OfficePro has acquired Elkhorn Chemical and Packaging. The buyout occurred in early December, OfficePro ... (01/03/2018)
- Tiger Rentals Completes Acquisition of Production Management Industries (PMI), a Leading Provider of Cleaning & Environmental... - The acquisition will expand Tiger’s value-added service offerings to its existing offshore and onshore oilfield customers. For over 20 years, PMI has been a leading provider of cleaning and environmental services to oilfield companies in the Gulf of ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,548,760,628 on Janitorial Services. It has awarded 13,031 contracts to 2,242 companies, with an average value of $690,794 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Janitorial services, aircraft, Deodorant servicing of rest rooms, Aircraft janitorial services, Restaurant kitchen cleaning services, Window cleaning services, Building cleaning services, janitorial, interior, Cleaning offices, Cleaning homes, Office cleaning services, Washroom sanitation services, Service station cleaning and degreasing services, Maid services (i.e., cleaning services), Rest room cleaning services, Cleaning shopping centers, Deodorizing services, Custodial services, Residential cleaning services, Housekeeping services (i.e., etc.