|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||12%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||12%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Copper Pipes & Tubes Market 2018 Global Key Vendors Analysis, Revenue, Trends & Forecast to 2022 - WiseGuyReports.com adds “Copper Pipes & Tubes Market 2018 Global Analysis ... This report focuses on top manufacturers in global market, with production, price, revenue and market share for each manufacturer, covering (01/06/2018)
- Rama Steel Tube’s Lepakshi Tubes starts production - Rama Steel Tubes, a leading player in the ERW pipe manufacturing space, started commercial production from a south Indian unit. Lepakshi Tubes Private Ltd, its wholly-owned subsidiary, is strategically located about 10 kilometers from Bangalore ... (01/05/2018)
- Rama Steel Tubes announces Commercial Production at Lepakshi - Rama Steel Tubes Limited (BSE: 539309, NSE: RAMASTEEL), a leading player in the manufacturing of ERW pipes, has announced that the Company has started its commercial production at the Lepakshi Tubes Private Limited (wholly owned subsidiary), facility in ... (01/04/2018)
- Rama Steel Tubes begins commercial production from south Indian unit - Rama Steel Tubes, a leading player in the ERW pipe manufacturing space, started commercial production from a south Indian unit. Lepakshi Tubes Private Ltd, its wholly-owned subsidiary, is strategically located about 10 kilometers from Bangalore ... (01/04/2018)
- Global Iron and Steel Mills and Ferroalloy Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - ... and ferroalloy manufacturing industry includes companies carrying out activities such as reduction of iron ore, transforming pig iron into steel, and producing molten or solid pig iron, steel, steel and forming pipe and tube, electrometallurgical ... (01/02/2018)
- Stainless Steel Pipe Tubes Market by Manufacturers, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2022 - Company Analysis-Arcelor Mittal, United States Steel Corporation, Tata Steel, Ratnamani Steel and Pipes Ltd, Jindal Saw Limited, Choo Bee Metal Industries, Kobe Steel Ltd, Northwest Pipe Company, TUBACEX Group, SANDVIK Group Get complete access of this ... (12/01/2017)
- Stainless Steel Pipes and Tubes Market to Grow at 3.55% CAGR to 2022 - Global Stainless Steel Pipes and Tubes market is projected to display a sustainable ... Landscape Other related report"Global Functional Safety Devices Market by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2022 [http ... (09/13/2017)
- Steel pipe and tube producers push Trump to restrict imports - Zekelman was one of 24 steel pipe and tube manufacturing executives to sign the letter ... http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/steel-pipe-and-tube-producers-push-trump-to-restrict-imports-300511216.html (08/30/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,528,093 on Metal Pipe & Tube Manufacturing. It has awarded 423 contracts to 146 companies, with an average value of $24,165 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tube (e.g., heavy riveted, lock joint, seamless, welded) made from purchased iron or steel, Boiler tubes, wrought, made from purchased iron, Well casings (e.g., welded, wrought) made from purchased iron or steel, Pipe (e.g., Tubing, mechanical and hypodermic sizes, cold-drawn stainless steel, made from purchased steel, Conduit, welded and lock joint, made from purchased iron or steel, etc.