|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Window & Door Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Metal Window & Door Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Metal Window & Door Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Metal Window & Door Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Wood Window And Door Manufacturing
All Other Plastics Product Manufacturing
Building And Construction Fabricated Plastics Products (Excluding Foam, Plumbing Fixtures, Hardware, Or Reinforced Plastics)
Metal Window And Door Manufacturing
Metal Doors (Excluding Storm Doors)
Metal Windows (Excluding Storm Sash)
Metal Molding And Trim And Store Fronts
Metal Combination Screen, Storm Sash, And Storm Doors
Metal Window And Door Screens (Excluding Combination) And Metal Weather Strip
Metal Window And Door Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Window & Door Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Window & Door Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Window & Door Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Window & Door Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Window & Door Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Metal Window & Door Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Glass Additives Market | Global Industry Driven by Applications in Packaging and Construction Industries through 2017-2023 - Furthermore, rising automotive sales in the developed as well as developing regions combined with the demand for durable door and front glass windows is predicted to ... rising demand of plastic additives in the manufacturing of cheaper plastic as an ... (01/10/2018)
- 7 Multi-Millionaires From Uganda You Should Know - In 1965 Alam’s father, Manzur Alam, started a small business in Kampala manufacturing windows, metal doors, Louvers, and steel pipes. Over the last five decades, that operation has snowballed into the Alam Group, a $120 million (revenues) group that owns ... (01/08/2018)
- Coating brings high-gloss aesthetic and greater durability to aluminum surfaces - such as window and door frames, metal panels, and column covers. Acrylicoat’s hard surface resists scratches and meets or exceeds the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) 2603-17 industry standard for high-performance coatings. (01/05/2018)
- Trends for doors and windows - If your resolution this year is to give your home a new look, then windows and doors may be one of the first places to ... With this in mind, various manufacturers have started to produce digital windows that perform neat functions. For instance, some ... (01/04/2018)
- Builders Hardware acquires EDS Architectural Openings - The companies manufacture and distribute interior window frames and door openings for commercial applications. Builders Hardware also offers custom hollow metal forming services ... more capital and a wider range of manufacturers to represent, Walla ... (01/03/2018)
- Energy efficiency drives window, door upgrades - The front door ... Window and Sahara Window and Doors and they are highly trained and held to exacting standards. They always arrive in company trucks and the average installer has a minimum of nine years of experience, Johnson said. "Window manufacturers ... (04/08/2017)
- Metal manufacturing businesses face workforce shortage - (WSAW) --Central Wisconsin is not facing a shortage of jobs, but some local manufacturing businesses are facing a shortage of ... That's why he attended a job fair hosted by the Central Wisconsin Metal Manufacturer's Alliance at his school. (05/09/2016)
- Window and Door Manufacturers win approval for building code changes - bias against non-metal fenestration products, and unnecessary exemptions from applicable efficiency requirements, so the code officials' disapproval of them was appropriate." WDMA represents manufacturers of residential and commercial window, door and ... (11/13/2013)
- Research and Markets: Wood Window and Door Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade 2013 - This latest Wood Window and Door Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market ... and doors from wood or wood clad with metal or plastics. This 6-digit NAICS industry (321911) is under the hierarchy of Millwork Industry (32191), Other ... (02/15/2013)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,024,727 on Metal Window & Door Manufacturing. It has awarded 475 contracts to 198 companies, with an average value of $55,680 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Louver windows, metal, manufacturing, Casements, Molding and trim (except motor vehicle), Sash, door and window, Shutters, Weatherstrip, Door frames and sash, Trim, Skylights, Hangar doors, Storm doors and windows, Doors, Trim and molding (except motor vehicle), Baseboards, Screen doors, metal frame, Jalousies, Rolling doors for industrial buildings and warehouses, Door and jamb assemblies, Windows, Screens, Garage doors, Window screens, Window frames and sash, Frames, Fire doors, etc.