Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing
Sheet Metal Air-Conditioning Ducts And Stove Pipe
Sheet Metal Culverts, Flumes, Irrigation Pipes.
Sheet Metal Roofing And Roof Drainage Equipment
Sheet Metal Flooring And Siding
Sheet Metal Awnings, Canopies, Cornices, And Soffits
Sheet Metal Electronic Enclosures
Metal Studs, Nonload And Load-Bearing (Iron, Steel, And Aluminum)
Other Sheet Metal Work
Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Receipts For Machine Shop Job Work And Job Order Repairs
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
Miscellaneous Receipts, Including Receipts For Repair Work, Sales Of Scrap And Refuse.
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Quality Stainless Products|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Nippon Steel goes on offensive as Chinese industry retreats - TOKYO -- Japan's largest steelmaker, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal, is roaring toward 72% operating ... and prices of hot-rolled sheet -- widely used in manufacturing -- and other products are rising. This is a dramatic turnaround for a company that ... (01/10/2018)
- Metal based additive manufacturing is allowing hospitals to produce custom made implants - Implants created using AM technology are built in layers from powdered metal resulting in fewer restrictions ... This would be used to press a sheet of titanium to form the implant. Additive manufacturing eliminates the need to make a mould as the implant ... (01/09/2018)
- Streetwise: New downtown child care; Oshkosh's stellar job market - "We work with kids to help get them more independent," Schwingle ... It has been 90 years since Leo Muza first began manufacturing sheet metal in downtown Oshkosh. He began the two-person sheet metal shop out of a garage, but the fruits of his labor ... (01/06/2018)
- Sahm Welding Is Expanding Facility - President Mark Sahm said the expansion will include 6,500 square feet of manufacturing and 1,500 square feet ... Sahm welding specializes in light Structural work, sheet metal fabrication and custom equipment. “We’re adding some new equipment and ... (12/31/2017)
- Robotic machining used for aerospace applications - Using tap water mixed with an abrasive media that shoots out of a small orifice at ultra-high velocity, a robotic waterjet system can cut through solid metal up to a foot ... focused on discrete parts manufacturing where we work with industry to take ... (12/29/2017)
- Sheet Metal Worker: Reviews & Advice - He offers this advice to aspiring sheet metal workers: "Be diligent in gaining an understanding of math, algebra and trigonometry. Be physically fit, and be ready to work hard ... the high-speed machinery used in manufacturing. Common injuries include ... (12/28/2017)
- Sheet metal worker talks about her skills, opportunities and work environment - The preparation: Sheet metal workers who work in construction typically learn their trade through an apprenticeship. Those who work in manufacturing often learn on the job or at a technical school. (11/06/2017)
- R.R. LeDuc Corporation, Holyoke precision sheet metal business, reaches half-century mark - Leduc, president and founder of a precision sheet ... t work out, you can always come back," he said. R.R. LeDuc Corp. got its start making catwalks and other metal features for local paper mills. Today, the company uses "robotic lights out manufacturing ... (10/24/2017)
- Trump meeting with leaders of building, sheet metal unions at the White House - President Donald Trump planned to meet on Monday at the White House with leaders of construction and sheet metal unions ... 100,000s of our members work in manufacturing and (are) affected by trade," he said in an email. Trump sparred with a local ... (01/23/2017)
- Research and Markets: Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition]: Revenue for the year 2011 was reported at $17.6 billion ... - LLC's new report "Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. At 174 pages with over 150 charts and tables, the report covers topics such as current macroeconomic trends, granular ... (08/03/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $14,042,533 on Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing. It has awarded 515 contracts to 157 companies, with an average value of $89,443 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Guardrails, highway, sheet metal (except stampings), manufacturing, Sheet metal work (except stampings) manufacturing, Wells, light, Forms, concrete, Spouts, Ducts, sheet metal, Cornices, Studs, Cowls, Awnings, Roof deck, Louvers, Concrete forms, Furnace casings, Casings, Furnace flues, Stove boards, Hoods, range (except household-type), Coal chutes, Stove pipes and flues, Hampers, laundry, Dampers, Ventilators, Flooring, Mail chutes, Roofing, Irrigation pipe, Highway guardrails, Joists, Radiator shields and enclosures, Pipe, Culverts, Eaves, Door hoods, Gutters, sheet metal (except custom roll formed), Machine guards, Flues, stove and furnace, Elbows for conductor pipe, hot air ducts, and stovepipe, Canopies, Flumes, Downspouts, Troughs, elevator, Pile shells, Air cowls, Siding, etc.