Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Fabricated Structural Metal Manufacturing
Fabricated Structural Metal Bar Joists And Concrete Reinforcing Bars
Ornamental And Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing
Metal Grilles, Registers, And Air Diffusers
Ornamental And Architectural Metal Work
Open Metal Flooring, Grating, And Studs
Metal Scaffolding And Shoring And Forming For Concrete Work
Other Architectural And Ornamental Work
Ornamental And Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||8%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Sheet Metal Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||8%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||29%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||14%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- 3D Systems' Direct Metal Printing Solution Revolutionizes the Rules of Design and Production for KALLISTA - "Designers usually need to consider a manufacturing process and ... 3rd Dimension is a high quality production metal manufacturer specializing in 3D direct metal printing based in Indianapolis that backs up its work expertise with an entire shop floor ... (01/09/2018)
- West Point Auto building may host cannabis manufacturing, distribution - According to background information provided by city staff, two facilities would be enclosed within the existing building: one for medical marijuana manufacturing ... City staff stated that there’s a block/wrought iron fence that would go all the ... (01/07/2018)
- Why do the Indian Crafts is C table dealer & exporter ? - Established in 2000, Indian Crafts is the field of manufacturing and exporting Indian ... Early 19th century antiques, Indian Decorative Indian Home Furnishings, Indian Aluminum (White Metal) Decorative & Indian Footwear. We Specialize in Colonial ... (12/29/2017)
- Tilden Township craftsman shows blacksmiths aren’t just a thing of the past - "The one area where I was lacking in knowledge was in metal," she said ... intent on creating a decorative hunting knife that involved a blending different metals. "I love this work because to me it is earthy and natural. "He (Fisher) is a knowledgeable ... (12/29/2017)
- Eleven Madison Park by Allied Works - Five years later they hired Brad Cloepfil, a restaurant regular, longtime friend, and principal of Allied Works Architecture ... the light fixtures and ornamental plasterwork on the ceiling, but gave the restaurant a whole new identity—one more sedate ... (12/06/2017)
- Trade Names: Chase Architectural Metal work ranges from custom-made railing systems to historic renovations - Chase Architectural Metal’s work ranges from custom-made railing systems to historic renovations. It concepts, designs and fabricates custom architectural and ornamental metal ... background in furniture design and manufacturing as well as machining. (04/30/2017)
- Chaseburg Manufacturing Inc - Chaseburg Manufacturing ... architectural metal wall panels, sun shades, handrails and mezzanines. Custom Parts Fabrication We off Just in Time inventory management for our customers that need expedited delivery of parts and components. We work closely ... (06/26/2014)
- Work, Reimagined: Detroit Gets Creative - (Since the year 2000, metropolitan Detroit has lost about 200,000 manufacturing jobs ... Trained in Germany's guild system as an architectural, ornamental metal worker, Nielbock came to Detroit in 1984 to find his father and immediately fell in love ... (01/11/2012)
- Research and Markets: Ornamental and Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and Its International Trade - Updated Report - LLC's new report "Ornamental and Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade" to their offering. Definition & Classification This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing ... (03/30/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $6,308,837 on Ornamental & Architectural Metal Work Manufacturing. It has awarded 218 contracts to 124 companies, with an average value of $50,878 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Grillwork, ornamental metal, manufacturing, Pipe guards, metal, Railings, Purlins, Flagpoles, Gates, holding, sheet metal, Registers, metal air, Fire escapes, Staircases, Acoustical suspension systems, Gratings (i.e., open steel flooring) manufacturing, Architectural metalwork manufacturing, Curtain wall, Elevator guide rails, Ornamental metalwork manufacturing, Grills and grillwork, Channels, furring metal, Stalls, Stairs, Stair railings, Pipe railings, Balcony railings, Stair treads, Ladders, permanently installed, Fences and gates (except wire), Scaffolds, Furring channels, Pipe bannisters, Corrals, Bannisters, Chain ladders, Brasswork, ornamental, Treads, metal stair, Partitions, Bank fixtures, metal chain, metal (except wire), Barn stanchions and standards manufacturing, Guards, bannisters, and railings, Lath, expanded metal, Flooring, open steel (i.e., grating), etc.