Nature Parks & Reserves Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Nature Parks & Reserves
Overview: the U.S. Nature Parks & Reserves Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Nature Parks & Reserves:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Nature Parks & Reserves industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Admissions To Cultural Institutions
Admissions To - Nature Parks And Other Natural Areas
Guided Tours And Educative Services
School Visits, Children's Parties, And Similar Children's Programs
Resale Of Merchandise
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Government
Contributions, Gifts, And Grants - Private
Investment Income, Including Interest And Dividends
All Other Revenue
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Nature Parks & Reserves company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Nature Parks & Reserves industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Nature Parks & Reserves measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Education, Training, and Library Occupations||14%|
|Librarians, Curators, and Archivists||9%|
|Archivists, Curators, and Museum Technicians||8%|
|Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations||5%|
|Protective Service Occupations||5%|
|Security Guards and Gaming Surveillance Officers||5%|
|Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance Occupations||6%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||20%|
|Tour and Travel Guides||9%|
|Tour and Travel Guides||9%|
|Tour Guides and Escorts||9%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||10%|
|Retail Sales Workers||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
Nature Parks & Reserves Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Natural World Heritage Sites in trouble, especially in the Tropics - Sites harboring rich biodiversity, such as Virunga and Garamba national parks in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and the Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve in Honduras ... the International Union for Conservation of Nature. The first assessment of all ... (01/11/2018)
- China Focus: China honors promise to protect nature - According to the report delivered at the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China last October, China will develop a nature reserve system composed mainly of national parks. "In the past, nature reserves tended to be small and offered shelter ... (01/09/2018)
- Levy funds irmpovements at Greene County parks - Signs throughout the county’s network of parks and trails mark where work ... fencing at Kinsey Mound Reserve; and renovations to the former home of the Russ family at Russ Nature Preserve. GCP&T also used the tax revenue to purchase a new ranger vehicle ... (01/07/2018)
- Hong Kong's artists inspired by nature - Nearly 40% of Hong Kong is protected country park and nature reserves, amounting to 443 sq km ... has sparked government proposals to build on the outskirts of the country parks. (01/06/2018)
- Mayo County Council to develop Moorehall Estate into 'nationally important' nature reserve and tourist attraction - The Council intends to develop the historic site into "nationally important" nature reserve and tourist attraction "for the ... The project will be undertaken in connection with the National Parks and Wildlife Service who will provide expertise on the ... (01/05/2018)
- Portage winter parks programs thrilled with the chill - Eliason Nature Reserve, 1614 W. Osterhout Ave.; high-tech treasure hunt; free. For details, contact the Portage parks department at 329-4522 or go to www.portagemi.gov. (01/05/2018)
- Local authorities urged to think big for nature conservation in 2018 - For many years organisations like the Wildlife Trust for Birmingham and the Black Country have tried to ensure that we all have local greenspaces, parks and nature reserves close to our homes. These provide habits for wildlife, reminders and remnants of ... (01/05/2018)
- Country parks offer 'healing for soul' - Around 40 percent of the land, or 443 square kilometers, comprise protected country parks and nature reserves, drawing hikers, runners and campers year around. For Cheung Dai-yu, 29, those natural landscapes changed his life. As a keen amateur photographer ... (01/04/2018)
- Hillsides, nature trails and country parks: The world beyond Hong Kong’s famous skyscrapers - 40% of Hong Kong is protected country park and nature reserves, amounting to 443 square kilometres ... has sparked government proposals to build on the outskirts of the country parks. But with hiking becoming more popular, particularly among young people ... (01/04/2018)
- City Opened Park, Nature Reserve in ’17 — Crews Also Worked on Riverfront Trail - City of Washington parks crews had a busy year in 2017. The city opened a new park, as well as a new nature reserve, and made significant progress on a new trail. The city’s parks board also started a conversation on the future of the city pool that ... (12/31/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,979,968 on Nature Parks & Reserves. It has awarded 17 contracts to 4 companies, with an average value of $1,494,992 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Conservation areas, Nature reserves, National parks, Caverns (i.e., natural wonder tourist attractions), Waterfalls (i.e., Wildlife sanctuaries, Natural wonder tourist attractions (e.g., caverns, waterfalls), Nature preserves, Nature centers, Interpretive centers, nature, Parks, national, Bird sanctuaries, Provincial parks, Nature parks, etc.