Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Sawmill, Woodworking, And Paper Machinery Manufacturing
Paper Industry Machinery
Parts And Attachments For Paper Industry Machinery (Sold Separately)
Sawmill, Woodworking, And Paper Machinery Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||14%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||22%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Valeo North America||635|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- For Woodworkers - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click below to request that it be added. It's free! (12/25/2017)
- Fitzgerald Lumber & Log Co Inc - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click below to request that it be added. It's free! (11/15/2017)
- Nebraska Tool - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click below to request that it be added. It's free! (09/16/2017)
- United States Sawmill, Woodworking, And Paper Machinery Market 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - The "U.S. Sawmill, Woodworking, And Paper Machinery Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. sawmill, woodworking, and paper machinery market. (08/31/2017)
- Dakota Timber Co. gets ready to grow in new Fargo shop, showroom - Along the way, President of Operations Seth Carlson said the move also gave his company a chance to get new machinery and set up properly in a building that has room for a full finish department, showroom and the community's only full-service sawmill. (03/01/2017)
- FITCHBURG HISTORY PART XII: INDUSTRY - Before the arrival of the cotton works, which produced more cloth than the town could need, the mills in Fitchburg serviced only local residents. Agricultural families produced most of what they required at home, but a sawmill, gristmill and likely a ... (12/11/2011)
- South Africa: Wood Works As a Tie That Can Bind - Products from this sector contribute about 7,3% of manufacturing GDP. Major customers of wood products are the pulp and paper, mining and construction industries. At Woodworking 2007 ... Importation of machinery and equipment is another area of interest. (04/02/2007)
- Feds Cite Amish For Child Labor Violations - With farmland becoming scarce and expensive, and more and more Amish turning to woodworking as a ... is in the same structure as the sawmill equipment. Amish elders promise children would not be forced to operate heavy machinery, but Labor officials ... (01/07/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,760,494 on Paper Industry Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 46 contracts to 36 companies, with an average value of $104,458 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Paper and paperboard corrugating machinery manufacturing, Circular saws, woodworking-type, stationary, manufacturing, Fourdrinier machinery manufacturing, Woodworking machines (except handheld) manufacturing, Sawmill equipment manufacturing, Paper making machinery manufacturing, Envelope making machinery manufacturing, Mortisers, Planers woodworking-type, Drill presses, Shapers, Jointers, Wood verneer laminating and gluing machines manufacturing, Dovetailing machines, Veneer and plywood forming machinery manufacturing, Pulp, paper, and paperboard molding machinery manufacturing, Pulp making machinery manufacturing, Saws, bench and table, power-driven, Paper and paperboard coating and finishing machinery manufacturing, Paper and paperboard die-cutting and stamping machinery manufacturing, Lathes, Paper and paperboard cutting and folding machinery manufacturing, Presses for making composite woods (e.g., hardboard, medium density fiberboard (MDF), particleboard, plywood) manufacturing, Sandpaper making machines manufacturing, Paperboard making machinery manufacturing, Log splitters, Sanding machines, Paperboard box making machinery manufacturing, Log debarking machinery, Jigsaws, Paper and paperboard converting machinery manufacturing, Scarfing machines, Paper bag making machinery manufacturing, Bandsaws, Chippers, stationary (e.g., log), etc.