|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Parking Lots & Garages
Overview: the U.S. Parking Lots & Garages Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Parking Lots & Garages:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Parking Lots & Garages industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Off-Street Parking Services
Off-Street Parking Services - Hourly Or Daily
Off-Street Parking Services - Weekly Or Monthly, In Buildings
Off-Street Parking Services - Weekly Or Monthly, On Lots
Valet Parking Services
Management Fees For The Operation Of Parking Facilities
All Other Receipts
All Other Operating Receipts
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Parking Lots & Garages company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Parking Lots & Garages industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Parking Lots & Garages measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||33%|
|Animal Care and Service Workers||25%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||24%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||24%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||37%|
|Other Transportation Workers||30%|
|Parking Lot Attendants||30%|
|Parking Lot Attendants||30%|
Parking Lots & Garages Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Municipal Parking Services||12|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Plattsburgh's $10M grant could mean the end of free downtown parking - To replace the lot that’s being developed, he proposes some new lots and a parking garage. “People think they’re ugly,” Forster said. “They don’t have to be ugly. They can be.” Forster spoke at city hall last month to a small group of residents. (01/10/2018)
- Pentagon Row Now Offering Free Hour of Garage Parking - Parking for even a short period of time at the Pentagon Row garage has previously required payment ... according to its website. The surface parking lots at Pentagon Row, near Harris Teeter and World Market, remain free for the first hour, though spaces ... (01/09/2018)
- Floodwaters Rush Through Las Vegas Parking Lot After Unusual Rainfall - This footage shows floodwaters rushing over the entrance to a parking garage at the LINQ hotel in Las Vegas and down the street.The National Weather Service said. said more than one inch of rain was measured in 24 hours at Las Vegas’ McCarren Airport ... (01/09/2018)
- New smart parking meters being installed in downtown Eugene - ... be equipped with external signs indicating real-time parking availability. Multi-space meters in the Hult Center Garage, Broadway North & South Garages, Library Garage, City Hall Surface Lot, and Train Depot Surface Lot will be replaced with meters ... (01/09/2018)
- South Baltimore Parking Study Identifies Potential Parking Solutions for the Area - Charles Street lot will remove 30 off-street spaces now used for restaurant parking. Better enforcement of on-street parking regulations could cause some parkers to shift to the garage. Because street parking in the area is generally full ... (01/08/2018)
- Donovan Durband: Downtown has many parking opportunities - I encourage anyone coming downtown to go to ParkTucson.com to view an interactive parking map that shows garages and lots, entrance locations, rates and hours. If you follow Park Tucson on Facebook or Twitter, you’ll be alerted to fun events along the ... (01/07/2018)
- Parking prices: Mosaic garage prompts look at discount plan - The parking rates for the new garage being constructed at Ninth and Felix streets ... “Given that it’s nice and new and has lots of nice new features, we figure that it’ll be the preferred and the nicer garage of the bunch, so we’re just reverting ... (01/06/2018)
- Liverpool parking garage fire destroys roughly 1,400 cars - The charred remains of ruined vehicles were visible in the seven stories of the parking garage. There were no reported injuries ... ball of fire on the front of the car and it was producing a lot of smoke," she said. She said the fire was "ferocious ... (01/05/2018)
- Audi “Parking Lot” spot - Background: In “Parking Lot,” two Audi drivers go head-to-head careening through a mall parking garage, showing off the precise turning, the immediate acceleration and the braking power of the Audi. With help from San Francisco–based ad agency ... (01/05/2018)
- Glen Ellyn trustees discuss need for more downtown parking - Village staff would like the village to further examine three lots for a potential parking garage – the parking lot at Crescent Boulevard and Glenwood Avenue, the Main Street lot, and the Glen Ellyn Civic Center lot at 535 Duane St. Those lots probably ... (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $57,677,723 on Parking Lots & Garages. It has awarded 1,306 contracts to 219 companies, with an average value of $263,369 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Parking garages, automobile, Valet parking services, Automobile parking garages or lots, Parking services, valet, Parking lots, Garages, automobile parking, etc.