Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Pet Care Services
Overview of the U.S. Pet Care Services IndustryWith pet owners viewing pets as part of the family, the pet care services industry has experienced growth even during recessionary periods. The industry includes grooming—from spas, to do-it-yourself facilities, to mobile operations—as well was day care, training and obedience, boarding, and waste removal.
The demand has yielded considerable supply. Low barriers to entry mean saturation in the market with new entrants struggling to gain market edge by integrating new web tracking and marketing technologies. Even more dangerous to large pet services retailers is the steady growth of big box stores into the pet services area.
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Pet Care Services: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Pet Care Services industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Number of Companies||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Pet Care Services
Pet Grooming Services
Pet Boarding Services
Pet Sitting And Dog Walking
Animal Training Services, Excluding Race Animals
Other Pet Care Services
Resale Of Merchandise
Resale Of Pet And Animal Supplies
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Pet Care Services company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Pet Care Services industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Pet Care Services measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Personal Care and Service Occupations||33%|
|Animal Care and Service Workers||25%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||24%|
|Nonfarm Animal Caretakers||24%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||7%|
|Retail Sales Workers||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||37%|
|Other Transportation Workers||30%|
|Parking Lot Attendants||30%|
|Parking Lot Attendants||30%|
Pet Care Services Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Sergreants Pet Care Products||359|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Gwinnett County delivers free pet food with senior meals - Blake Hawkins, deputy director of health and human services, realized that some seniors ... The county aims to increase the number of people who receive pet food and make low-cost vaccinations and veterinary care available, the release said. (01/09/2018)
- Pet hospital opens in Olympic Towne Center - But for many pet owners the most important thing is Uptown’s emergency care. Three of the six vets are at the clinic during the day providing routine care, and three provide ER and urgent care services 24 hours a day, even on weekends. Uptown isn’t ... (01/08/2018)
- Erik Agazim Prepares To Host Pet Wash To Raise Money - Americans spend thousands of dollars on grooming needs for their pets at local pet stores and other pet's services businesses ... Also, spreading awareness for proper pet care. "So many pets in our city are neglected and sometimes put in the shelter ... (01/08/2018)
- Global Pet Hair Care Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 05, 2018 ) Global Pet Hair Care Market report is replete with detailed analysis ... Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php. (01/05/2018)
- Pet of the Week: Olive - Our Pet of the Week comes to us from Corpus Christi Animal Care Services, and she brings with her a rather unique look. Olive arrived at CCACS missing an ear. Although no one there knows for sure how it happened, it has not hindered this 5-year-old ... (01/03/2018)
- Pet insurance market forecast to 2023 made available by top research firm - ... insurance policy that pet owners purchase to cover the unintended costs that arise in providing care for a pet, including veterinary services such as surgical procedures, injuries from accidents, and prescribed pet medicines. Pet insurance is purely a ... (01/03/2018)
- See a pet outside in dangerously cold weather? Here’s how to report it in Indy - So what do you do when you see a pet outside in dangerously cold weather? Indianapolis Animal Care Services (IACS) is offering overtime to animal care officers and teaming up with volunteers of Friends of Indianapolis Dogs Outside (FIDO) to assist with ... (01/03/2018)
- Pet Sitters International (PSI) Tips for Pet Ownership This Winter - advises pet owners to only use the services of professional pet sitters for their pet-care needs and to discuss winter weather preparations and policies with their pet sitters. “Professional pet sitters have the knowledge and credentials to provide ... (12/29/2017)
- Rock River Valley pet owners busy protecting their dogs and cats from the cold - He’s also been calling local animal care services when he thinks dogs don’t have proper shelter. Care for Pets, a nonprofit organization whose mission is pet welfare, knows about Sanchez Jasso and routinely supplies him with hay bales so he can share ... (12/29/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $8,100,769 on Pet Care Services. It has awarded 184 contracts to 87 companies, with an average value of $93,112 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Animal grooming services, Obedience training services, pet, Pet boarding services, Guide dog training services, Guard dog training services, Pet training services, Pet sitting services, Kennels, pet boarding, Dog pounds, Boarding services, Animal shelters, Sitting services, Grooming services, animal, Pet grooming services, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.