Petroleum Refineries Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Petroleum Refineries
Overview of the U.S. Petroleum Refineries IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Petroleum Refineries: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Petroleum Refineries Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Petroleum Refineries companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Petroleum Refineries company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Petroleum Refineries industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Petroleum Refineries measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||7%|
|Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||20%|
|Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Petroleum Refineries Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|BP Corporation North America||176|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Oil markets cling to near 3-year highs on tighter U.S. market - Oil markets have generally been supported by a production cut ... U.S. gasoline stocks rose 4.1 million barrels, EIA data showed, more than expected, while Singapore average refinery profit margins
have fallen below $6 per barrel this month ... (01/11/2018)
- Obaseki, China Sinopec sign 5,500bpd Edo modular refinery deal - ... refinery is made up of Peiyang Chemical Equipment Company of China (PCC), a world leading modular refinery company; Sinopec International Petroleum Service Corporation (SIPS), a subsidiary of Sinopec, and African Infrastructure Partners (AIP), a ... (01/11/2018)
- Oil group blasts Ryan Zinke's 'premature' decision to block drilling in eastern Gulf - That’s because it is close to existing pipelines and processing facilities in the western Gulf as well as refineries in Texas and Louisiana. Oil and gas production in the western Gulf, which accounts for almost all current U.S. offshore production ... (01/10/2018)
- The Latest: Oil companies dispute climate lawsuit claims - FILE - In this Sept. 21, 2017 file photo, petroleum coke, the grainy black byproduct of refining Canadian tar sands oil, is visible at the BP Whiting refinery in East Chicago, Ind. New York City officials say they will begin the process of dumping about $5 ... (01/10/2018)
- US crude inventory fall buoys oil, worries about rally persist - NEW YORK, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Crude oil prices rose but backed away from multi-year highs on Wednesday after U.S. government data showed an increase in fuel inventories and a falloff in refining activity. Continue Reading Below U.S. crude inventories fell 4 ... (01/10/2018)
- Global insulating oil industry examined in new market research report - Engen Petroleum, Valvoline (Ashland), Zibo Qinrun, San Joaquin Refining, Gandhar Oil Refinery and more are profiled in the terms of Company Profile, Product Picture, Specifications, Sales, Ex-Factory Price, Revenue, Gross Margin Analysis, etc. Global ... (01/10/2018)
- PetroChina's Dalian refinery nearly doubles Russian pipeline oil supply - source - BEIJING (Reuters) - PetroChina (0857.HK) has nearly doubled the amount of Russian crude being processed at its refinery in Dalian, the company’s biggest, since January, as a new supply agreement has come into effect, a senior industry source with direct ... (01/10/2018)
- Oil prices hit highest since 2014, but analysts warn of overheated market - In Asia, the world’s biggest oil consuming region, refiners are suffering from high prices and ample fuel supplies. “One area of concern, particularly in Asia, is that of (low) refining margins ... This drop in margins could reduce Asian refiners ... (01/10/2018)
- Oil Refinery Stocks Are Up 30% - 2017 was a fantastic year for oil refiners. Many of the large- and mid-cap U.S. refiners, including Marathon Petroleum (NYSE: MPC), Valero Energy (NYSE: VLO), and Andeavor (NYSE: ANDV), saw their shares rise more than 30%. Some stocks, like HollyFrontier ... (01/09/2018)
- Shadows picked up by satellites suggest Saudi Arabia underreported its oil stores last year - Satellite images of two major oil refineries in Saudi Arabia suggest reserves may have been higher than reported. Satellite technology allows the levels of oil in tanks to be estimated according to the shadows cast by their floating roofs. Saudi Arabia ... (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $666,784,339 on Petroleum Refineries. It has awarded 25,918 contracts to 590 companies, with an average value of $1,130,143 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Coke, petroleum, made in petroleum refineries, Solvents made in petroleum refineries, Benzene made in petroleum refineries, Xylene made in petroleum refineries, Petroleum lubricating oils made in petroleum refineries, Petroleum refineries, Propylene (i.e., propene) made in petroleum refineries, Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) made in refineries, Oil (i.e., petroleum) refineries, Petroleum cracking and reforming, Tar made in petroleum refineries, Lubricating oils and greases made in petroleum refineries, Butylene (i.e., butene) made in petroleum refineries, Toluene made in petroleum refineries, Oil additives made in petroleum refineries, Propane gases made in petroleum refineries, Road oils made in petroleum refineries, Cyclic aromatic hydrocarbons made in petroleum refineries, Petrochemicals made in petroleum refineries, Still gases made in petroleum refineries, Aviation fuels manufacturing, Petrochemical feedstocks made in petroleum refineries, Petroleum coke made in petroleum refineries, Asphalt and asphaltic materials made in petroleum refineries, Alkylates made in petroleum refineries, Crude petroleum refineries, Heating oils made in petroleum refineries, Fuel oils manufacturing, Refinery gases made in petroleum refineries, Crude oil refining, Naphthenic acids made in petroleum refineries, Waxes, Paraffin waxes made in petroleum refineries, Acid oils made in petroleum refineries, Jet fuels manufacturing, Styrene made in petroleum refineries, Aliphatic chemicals (i.e., acyclic) made in petroleum refineries, Petroleum distillation, Fuels, jet, manufacturing, Refineries, Diesel fuels made in petroleum refineries, Kerosene manufacturing, Petroleum jelly made in petroleum refineries, Hydraulic fluids made in petroleum refineries, Naphtha made in petroleum refineries, Oils, fuel, Gasoline made in petroleum refineries, Asphalt paving mixtures made in petroleum refineries, Cumene made in petroleum refineries, Ethylene made in petroleum refineries, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.