Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Plastics Bag Manufacturing
Single-Web Film Specialty Bags, Pouches, And Liners
Multiweb Film/Film Combination Specialty Bags, Pouches, And Liners
Plastics Bag Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Plastics Packaging Film And Sheet (Including Laminated) Manufacturing
Single-Web Film, Rolls, And Sheets, Including Coextruded, For Flexible Packaging Uses
Unlaminated Plastics Film And Sheet (Except Packaging) Manufacturing
Unlaminated Plastics Film And Sheet, Excluding Packaging
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The UK has banned 'microbeads' in cosmetics — tiny pieces of plastic that pollute the ocean - The UK has banned the manufacturing of products containing ... of tackling plastic pollution and the Government’s 5p plastic bag charge is viewed as a success, with more than nine billion bags moved of circulation as a result. Likewise the ban on ... (01/10/2018)
- Ashland Recycling Center cans bag drop-off - Putting plastic bags back in her car at the recycling center, Tilly Gibbs said, “It’s a shame so much food comes in plastic. It hurts me to have been collecting it to recycle, and now there’s no place for it. Manufacturers should make some effort not ... (01/08/2018)
- Kenya: Factories Churn Out Plastic Bags Despite Ban - Manufacture of plastic bags is still continuing more three months after the ban of the products. The underground manufacturers are mainly based in Nairobi's Industrial Area, Mlolongo in Machakos County and Thika, and they are feeding traders who are using ... (12/05/2017)
- Kenyan manufacturers' lobby slams ban on plastic bags - NAIROBI, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) on Thursday decried the ban on plastic bags that will be effected after August 28 saying it could undermine industrial growth and job creation in the country. A statement from the lobby ... (03/16/2017)
- The Ban on Plastic Bags vs. the Ban on Bag Bans - All this prompted a U.N. undersecretary-general to declare that bags “should be banned or phased out rapidly everywhere” because “there is simply zero justification for manufacturing them anymore, anywhere.” But it’s not like plastic bags are ... (07/15/2015)
- Tanzania Plastic Bag Ban: Government Struggling To Crack Down On Illegal Manufacturing - Tanzanian lawmakers said they are cracking down on the manufacturing of plastic bags in the country, two years after the government banned their use. Officials citing environmental concerns and the law that made plastic bags illegal in 2013 have told ... (05/27/2015)
- California plastic bag ban delayed - ... year that prohibits stores from handing out single-use plastic bags for free to consumers. The law was set to go into effect in July. But the plastics industry and bag manufacturers have been up in arms against it. On Tuesday, the California secretary ... (02/25/2015)
- Plastic Bag Manufacturers Ready To Delay, Undo California's New Bag Ban - All this is pretty much nbd for those of us in the Bay Area, where many of us live in places where the single-use bags have been banned for a while. For whom the deal is big are plastic bag manufacturers who, despite the law's built-in $2 million in loans ... (09/30/2014)
- Proposal would recycle plastic bags, not ban them - Plastic bags were introduced at grocery store checkout counters in the 1970s and since have become ubiquitous. The Worldwatch Institute, a Washington-based environmental group, says global manufacturers create up to 5 trillion plastic bags a year ... (06/07/2012)
- Plastic manufacturers claim paper bags unsafe, too - MANILA, Philippines—As more and more cities and commercial establishments shun plastic bags, the plastic industry launched an offensive against its alternatives: the brown bags and newspapers. Crispian Lao, the spokesman for the plastic industry, said on ... (03/18/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $5,316,902 on Plastics Bag & Pouch Manufacturing. It has awarded 466 contracts to 75 companies, with an average value of $70,892 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bags, plastics film, single wall or multiwall, manufacturing, Merchandise bags, Trash bags, Frozen food bags, Food storage bags, Grocery bags, etc.